that_dood

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 27, 2007
Fremantle
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal
Supposedly went into work yesterday and got told to leave and not return according to Inside Cover of The West.

Has the ABC sacked him?

A shame if they have because he is a very good commentator for footy and cricket.

He's not calling the Sharks v Swans from East Freo Oval this afternoon on ABC TV so yer, strange.

If I recall he had a spat in 2009 over a rugby league game at Perth Oval. He took off on accumulated leave leaving the commentary to others without much notice. Sounds like he's a control freek, but what can you expect from a Carlton supporter.

If I recall he had a spat in 2009 over a rugby league game at Perth Oval. He took off on accumulated leave leaving the commentary to others without much notice. Sounds like he's a control freek, but what can you expect from a Carlton supporter.

He took up all the paid leave and spat it when he was told he wouldn't be going to England for the 2009 Ashes Tour, may have had something to do with the rugby. Not sure what this one is all about but why would the ABC ditch him when he's been such a great caller? He seems to be the 2ic to Maxwell when it comes to calling cricket during the summer.

Clint Wheeldon being numero uno for a while on Saturday Morning Sportalk would be good, would be more (association) football discussion and less shoehorning of WA athletics and Cricket in to the show when it's not needed...Wally taught Mitchell everthing he knew about bias.

Worst cricket commentator ever.....was expecting a wicket to fall with every ball bowled... got his voice right up there at every ball even if it was just a forward defensive stroke. ... will not be missed by me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder if both he and the wife would up stumps and go to an SEN like station in Melbourne? She's still one of the main anchors for ABC Grandstand, especially during the summer. Hoping he doesn't lob on 6PR, he'll have to lower himself to the level of beasts but perhaps his ego has grown to the size where he was to move to somewhere like that.

I think he is better as a cricket commentator love it when Glen and Kerry O'Keeffe are paired together

It's official. He's resigned. He'll never have the freedom that he had at the ABC to indulge in his cricket and AFL anymore unless he gets some plum job at 6PR that let's him do that. They bent over backwards to get Liam Bartlett so they may do the same for him unless he's just going to become a stay at home dad and get his wife out working at the ABC again.

A very young commentary team at the ABC now in Perth.

EDIT-With that goatee Mitchell also looks like he should be loitering out the front of a primary school.

Why , Unbelieveable . Glenn is a good commentator especially in cricket . I think Glenn might like throwing toys out of Cots and think of consequences later :eek:

Good Commentator who will find another Job quite easily in a Sports Administration or Commentry field

Remove this Banner Ad

Back