Opinion Gloves are off! It's us versus THEM!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

This Is Anfield

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Podcaster
Feb 25, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, England, Furies
Hello Boys, Girls and Shazza_, it's the late 60's and early 70's all over again.
The football world is united in it's fear and hatred of the Richmond Football Club.
The passion and loyalty of our supporters scares them, the very fact that we survived and are now thriving threatens them and they even changed the ****ing rules to stop us!
They are revelling in our injuries and suspensions and are all hoping that we implode... the opposite will happen.
These setbacks will simply make us stronger in the long term, we will blood youngsters, we will find out who will take us further, we will get Rance, Reiwoldt, Houli, Martin, Caddy, Grigg, Grimes and Short back and they will be desperate to make up the lost ground.
Yes, we will lose games, yes, we may miss finals this year and yes, the flogs will gloat.
However, the Tigers won't go away, we have a strong administration and strong on field leadership.
More importantly, we have us... 100,000+ members and hundreds of thousands rabid supporters all over Australia.
We are going to suffer some short term pain for some real long term gain.
The rest of the football world is just going to suffer!

Should sledge the AFL on our banner next week. Hope the coaches drill into our players that literally everybody wants to see us fail and we need to go out there and prove them wrong.

If we won the flag this year it’d be better than 2017. Us against the world.

Should sledge the AFL on our banner next week. Hope the coaches drill into our players that literally everybody wants to see us fail and we need to go out there and prove them wrong.

If we won the flag this year it’d be better than 2017. Us against the world.
It would, not sure they have the gumption though. We really need to get our mongrel back, somehow.

As i posted in the Tan, people who know me i have a real low threshold for dickheads etc. In fact i just wish we could all get along and be nice to each other, but, what can you do when a system or organisation is so corrupt and your club is just a number?
I actually wonder, what could the AFL do, if we just made our crowds as hostile as the Geelong final every week? If we just boo'd the s**t out of all the AFL officials, umpires, opposition, what could they do? It's not as if we aren't getting ****ed anyway? Umps have ****ed us for years - the stats show that. We clearly aren't darlings of the AFL and get no favours in anyway. Benny and Peggy (god bless their souls) are good corporate pc citizens. Sure, they'll register their displeasure in a courteous and professional manner through the chain of command, and you know what? NOTHING WILL HAPPEN. Why? Because, the AFL doesn't GAF about us. We are just a well oiled revenue stream for them. But, if on every broadcast you could hear the boo's, every radio broadcast, hear the boos, talkback radio, just flood it with negative talk about the AFL. Twitter and social media platforms, flood it with protest. It will seem amusing at first, but, if we go hard enough for long enough, the joke will wear pretty thin. And i don't think advertisers etc will like it too much. So, i think it's time to really register our thoughts for the rest of the year. Why not. * us? No AFL, * you. Who's with me?

As i posted in the Tan, people who know me i have a real low threshold for dickheads etc. In fact i just wish we could all get along and be nice to each other, but, what can you do when a system or organisation is so corrupt and your club is just a number?
I actually wonder, what could the AFL do, if we just made our crowds as hostile as the Geelong final every week? If we just boo'd the s**t out of all the AFL officials, umpires, opposition, what could they do? It's not as if we aren't getting ****** anyway? Umps have ****** us for years - the stats show that. We clearly aren't darlings of the AFL and get no favours in anyway. Benny and Peggy (god bless their souls) are good corporate pc citizens. Sure, they'll register their displeasure in a courteous and professional manner through the chain of command, and you know what? NOTHING WILL HAPPEN. Why? Because, the AFL doesn't GAF about us. We are just a well oiled revenue stream for them. But, if on every broadcast you could hear the boo's, every radio broadcast, hear the boos, talkback radio, just flood it with negative talk about the AFL. Twitter and social media platforms, flood it with protest. It will seem amusing at first, but, if we go hard enough for long enough, the joke will wear pretty thin. And i don't think advertisers etc will like it too much. So, i think it's time to really register our thoughts for the rest of the year. Why not. **** us? No AFL, **** you. Who's with me?

I’m up for that. He deserved a week but I’m seriously fed up with the farce that is the AFL.

I’m up for that. He deserved a week but I’m seriously fed up with the farce that is the AFL.

I think it's time. It's time to get suburban again. It's time to send the message. Nothing offensive, just boo the s**t out of them all, but love our guys. Geelong final is the benchmark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Benny and Peggy (god bless their souls) are good corporate pc citizens. Sure, they'll register their displeasure in a courteous and professional manner through the chain of command, and you know what? NOTHING WILL HAPPEN

that’s it right there. The end. don’t rock the boat. close your eyes and think of England.

soft the pair of them

lets hit the afl where it hurts. their hip pocket. we should all boycott the sydney game at marvel and let it bleed the afl of some cash.

And be seen as bandwagon supporters who abandon their team after a few big injuries? Nah, CB17 is right. Being the obnoxious supporters everybody already thinks we are is the only thing we can do. It’d be no worse than Geelong.

My only issue is that it’s be easy for drunks and idiots to get caught up in it and hurt someone.

And be seen as bandwagon supporters who abandon their team after a few big injuries? Nah, CB17 is right. Being the obnoxious supporters everybody already thinks we are is the only thing we can do. It’d be no worse than Geelong.

My only issue is that it’s be easy for drunks and idiots to get caught up in it and hurt someone.
cut the tripe. we are no bandwagoners we have 100 thousand members. if the afl want to play then all is fair. boycott the sydney game. the afl love our money we can show them what its like without our money. the afl use our club as cattle fodder always using us as examples because we are the biggest. its not in the afl interest for us to succeed its about money and the more members minnow clubs get the the better for the afl. the afl need a struggling RFC as new members will go to other clubs its simple business.
hit em where it hurts boycott the sydney game. 5000 sydney supporters and a empty stadium. the afl will cry like infants.

I actually wonder, what could the AFL do, if we just made our crowds as hostile as the Geelong final every week? If we just boo'd the s**t out of all the AFL officials, umpires, opposition, what could they do? It's not as if we aren't getting ****** anyway? Umps have ****** us for years - the stats show that. We clearly aren't darlings of the AFL and get no favours in anyway. Benny and Peggy (god bless their souls) are good corporate pc citizens. Sure, they'll register their displeasure in a courteous and professional manner through the chain of command, and you know what? NOTHING WILL HAPPEN. Why? Because, the AFL doesn't GAF about us. We are just a well oiled revenue stream for them. But, if on every broadcast you could hear the boo's, every radio broadcast, hear the boos, talkback radio, just flood it with negative talk about the AFL. Twitter and social media platforms, flood it with protest. It will seem amusing at first, but, if we go hard enough for long enough, the joke will wear pretty thin. And i don't think advertisers etc will like it too much. So, i think it's time to really register our thoughts for the rest of the year. Why not. **** us? No AFL, **** you. Who's with me?

Me. I'm going to take a banner each week as well saying the most horrible s**t I can think up.

I tried the whole gracious winner thing the last two years. Now I'm really going to let the bitterness flow through me. I'm going to the dark side.

Me. I'm going to take a banner each week as well saying the most horrible s**t I can think up.

I tried the whole gracious winner thing the last two years. Now I'm really going to let the bitterness flow through me. I'm going to the dark side.

I reckon i would love to see a big “AFL IS CORRUPT” banner right in the middle of the cheersquad. How cool would that look? Does anyone know anyone who could make that happen? Maybe we get a few around the ground? Drape them over the fence when the ball in in the vicinity.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

i feel exactly this

as soon as we become good, the rules bloody change that obviously do not suit us. Oppo fans sook about our players getting more frees when we actually get ****ed by frees, media and co loving the fact we are all injured , and saying we deserve to get injured because we had a good run, and now dustys suspension when mitchell did the same exact action, for no weeks. * these guys. its unlikely , but if we ever do win the flag this yr, would be pouring salt into their wounds

cut the tripe. we are no bandwagoners we have 100 thousand members. if the afl want to play then all is fair. boycott the sydney game. the afl love our money we can show them what its like without our money. the afl use our club as cattle fodder always using us as examples because we are the biggest. its not in the afl interest for us to succeed its about money and the more members minnow clubs get the the better for the afl. the afl need a struggling RFC as new members will go to other clubs its simple business.
hit em where it hurts boycott the sydney game. 5000 sydney supporters and a empty stadium. the afl will cry like infants.

If everyone decides to boycott it won’t bother me. Just can’t imagine it’d be effective and I’d feel awful for our blokes. But to be fair I won’t be there anyway, since the PTV is stuffed at the moment anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back