Delisted GM, Football - Dan Richardson - Club confirms, has been sacked, 29/10

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it is not overly complex. Richardson's contract was up and right now there are a lot of questions being asked about the football department . Being the GM of the footy department he had to wear it. I would say if we did not have the injuries we had that cost us a few wins he may well have survived. Not saying that would have been a good thing. In fact the best thing to have happened to us is this has exploded.
You reckon? Dodo has avoided being held responsible for outcomes for years....If it’s purely based on performance and he’s the only casualty then that’s really rough.

Personally, I sense personality clashes and politics as being part of it.

You reckon? Dodo has avoided being held responsible for outcomes for years....If it’s purely based on performance and he’s the only casualty then that’s really rough.

Personally, I sense personality clashes and politics as being part of it.

I agree . The personality clash issues are part of it. I still think that if we had of won the extra 3 games and played in a final the fall out would not have been as big. In all honesty thank god we did not.

I agree . The personality clash issues are part of it. I still think that if we had of won the extra 3 games and played in a final the fall out would not have been as big. In all honesty thank god we did not.
Yeah I’m fine with losing some additional games if it drives change.

Feel like Brasher is the best chance we have had in terms of a Board member who can cut through the BS and drive change. His cv suggests he is better at this than most, in fact world class.

I think brasher is being played by Campbell, dodoro and sheeds.
richardsonhas got involved In a trade and questioned dodoro.
sheeds who is a longtime friend of the dodoros gets on the board.
richardson let go and dodoro position solidified.
i do concede that sheeds was/is a friend of dans dad.
i also found it interesting that sheeds bagged Silvagni for not drafting Grundy when silvagni is a logical candidate to replace Adrian.
after this trade period and draft Adrian has to be moved on - he is not a winner and has been given plenty of time to achieve. Sadly he hasn’t.

I think it is not overly complex. Richardson's contract was up and right now there are a lot of questions being asked about the football department . Being the GM of the footy department he had to wear it. I would say if we did not have the injuries we had that cost us a few wins he may well have survived. Not saying that would have been a good thing. In fact the best thing to have happened to us is this has exploded.
Makes sense. Also on reflection, Campbell continuing the contract extension talks with Richsrdson makes sense given any postponement in those discussions would potentially flag that the knives were out.

i also found it interesting that sheeds bagged Silvagni for not drafting Grundy when silvagni is a logical candidate to replace Adrian.
after this trade period and draft Adrian has to be moved on - he is not a winner and has been given plenty of time to achieve. Sadly he hasn’t.
If Richardson is the only casualty of this review then we’ll know something stinks.

I am suspicious as well.
I agree on Adrian. The only way you get to stay for 15 plus years is winning finals.

We are definitely ****ed

Richardson is understood to be among the contenders having been axed by the Bombers after the club's review at the end of the season, with the former high profile player agent departing Essendon in October after three years at the club.

Let's see how badly he fu**s this up

The AFL sheltered work shop for Vic AFL club officials who got the chop in results driven clubland.
Did the AFL advertise the job?
How many applicants were there?
Is a job spec available?

Today its Richardson, didnt Schwab get the same gig after the Hawks, Geischen .... sure to be more.

The AFL guaranteed Scott a job to get him out of North.

The employment procedures is a question for Chairman Goyder not Mclachlan.

The AFL sheltered work shop for Vic AFL club officials who got the chop in results driven clubland.
Did the AFL advertise the job?
How many applicants were there?
Is a job spec available?

Today its Richardson, didnt Schwab get the same gig after the Hawks, Geischen .... sure to be more.

The AFL guaranteed Scott a job to get him out of North.

The employment procedures is a question for Chairman Goyder not Mclachlan.
Schwab was the umpiring boss before he became Hawthorn's coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think it's that bad for us if he is head of umpiring. It's not like he's actually becoming an umpire or being installed as the new MRO.

There were times last year when he commented on the umpiring in some of the half-time updates that sponsors (and coteries etc) get.

If he can take a club perspective to it with regard to rules and interpretations shifting with the breeze, it might actually be helpful. He spent a long time as a player manager too, he's got plenty of experience to draw from.

Also I'm pretty sure he's still close with Rutten..

Are we surprised that the standard of umpiring has bottomed out, given this appointment?
Still waiting for the AFL to come out and say they got those decisions on the weekend wrong. Have they ever done that on decisions against us?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back