Traded EGM, Football Josh Mahoney - Footy Operations boss at the AFL - 28/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Did some reading about Simon Lloyd after he was mentioned earlier. Sounds impressive. Could be a good bloke to get people focused and perform better, rather than the old school footy perspectives that haven’t exactly served us that well of late.
he also grew up a stones throw from Windy Hill, so maybe it’s a coming home of sorts.

Did some reading about Simon Lloyd after he was mentioned earlier. Sounds impressive. Could be a good bloke to get people focused and perform better, rather than the old school footy perspectives that haven’t exactly served us that well of late.
he also grew up a stones throw from Windy Hill, so maybe it’s a coming home of sorts.
Welcome to the forum, Lloydy!

7 clubs?

What was the appeal with Richardson in the first place?

He set up everything at Richmond in the lead up to their 2017 flag. He was the football/ list manager.
He built the car. Balme got to drive it.

Simon lloyd going for the north coaching job?

No indication he is, the AFL article was simply about guys who might be qualified for the role.

I think Voss is the only one who's even commented that he would be interested if a head coaching role came up when asked.

Lloyd has been quoted as saying he's pursuing the Administration pathway somewhere along the line, a GM of Football role would fit that, and he's extremely experienced. I think that's pretty much the role he's currently in at Geelong even.

From memory he was very highly regarded at Fremantle, haven't heard much of his time at Geelong but they've been successful in his time there.

He set up everything at Richmond in the lead up to their 2017 flag. He was the football/ list manager.

The car Dan Richardson built at Essendon

1*Y3ZibsBlrVfWspy9HLANPQ.jpeg

Been around 10 years and this is your first post. :think:

Hi Simon and welcome!

You reckon? He's a fairly polarising person from all reports.
maybe polarising but maybe that's more how the media feels? he seems to be genuinely loved by a lot of his ex players.

i liked the way he had bennell's back even though that didn't work out. he might be bristly but he seems to prioritise the care aspect while also seeming to set high expectations.

but like a lot of back office roles in footy... from the outside who knows what it really takes?

can we just name Dodo our new Gm already.

Balme’s a hell of a driver than since Richo’s cars weren’t performjng

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You want me to name a report?
Links to an article perhaps?

But it's just stuff you heard on here. All good. Still curious what the process was to remove Richardson though if you have time?

Trade Radio suggesting Mark Williams..? 🤔

I'm not sure if that's a good fit? I know Balme was an ex coach but he has a stabilising influence, Choco is anything but. My ears are still bleeding after hearing his rants at punt rd oval before the main game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back