News GMHBA Stadium Stage 5 Redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

Is this new training facility going to be built on the land now occupied by the Elderly Citz or will it be built elsewhere?

Considering no information has been released beyond the article no one can answer your question, bar the Kardinia Park Stadium Trust, Steve Hocking, or any other execs or board members across the early stages of the proposal.

There's a dedicated thread for your question to be posed here if that helps: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...s-into-the-future-geelong-advertiser.1295813/

I think port deserve to be there too.

On a serious note how much Will this affect the process of getting seats? I haven’t brought mine yet.
It will effect this year. But i think next year should be all systems go? But keep in mind that a lot of stage 5 is standing room only, so won’t have a huge bearing on seats.

It will effect this year. But i think next year should be all systems go? But keep in mind that a lot of stage 5 is standing room only, so won’t have a huge bearing on seats.

season 2023 will boast a new Gary Ablett stand for sure. It didn’t take Much longer then a season for all the other stands to be built.

Looking back now, it is funny when we wouldn’t stop talking about any bit of redevelopment. Now look at the stadium now, props to costa and cooky

Has anyone got seats yet? I haven’t had seats in 3 years due to covid and I don’t want to miss out this year! Hoping to get in early and get the better seats!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will last as long as I can before i don't bother fighting the urge to tell someone to fu** off :tearsofjoy:
Im always accused of bias... so i might as well do it...

ill give you a freebie LOL.

Go Catters

In the future, Will they knock down the hickey stand and build it the whole way around ?

Obviously build over Moorabool street like brunton avenue at the mcg.

In the future, Will they knock down the hickey stand and build it the whole way around ?

No, I don’t think that would happen and really a 40k capacity…. That is more than enough as we can’t fill out what we have now half the time.

very unlikely. They probably should have moved the ground inboard to central KP , closer to the STMarys oval years ago. Now too much has happened.... and the cost V extra seats gained for a brunton style stands is probably not viable.

very unlikely. They probably should have moved the ground inboard to central KP , closer to the STMarys oval years ago. Now too much has happened.... and the cost V extra seats gained for a brunton style stands is probably not viable.
I don’t know what is more unlikely, building a new stand on that hickey wing or full on moving the ground.

They wouldn’t have moved the ground in any way, would’ve ****ed things right up. We just have to live with that tight boundary.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back