Opinion Go on, make a call

Verdict?

• Goal

Votes: 16 31.4%
  • No score

Votes: 35 68.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s the highest pressure game situation imaginable and he should be commended for how he handled it. Positioned himself perfectly then made his call and stuck with it with both sets of players and fans going mental.

I’ve been a goal ump in a few local games including finals.

It’s not for the faint hearted. Especially when you’ve got idiots behind the fence complaining.

10 years of coaching and never had some of the stressful moments you get while judging touched on the line balls.

Bottom line... lol Ringwood.

Norwood rules!

Going by that still, I'd suggest that the umpire is looking at a red footy obscuring a white post. If he sees all post, it's either short or a goal. I reckon he's seeing a lot of red on white in this instance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looked like a goal to me the first 10 times I watched that video. But it might have been just touched with 95% of the ball over the line, not enough to call it a clear goal.

I feel for that goal umpire.

That’s the highest pressure game situation imaginable and he should be commended for how he handled it. Positioned himself perfectly then made his call and stuck with it with both sets of players and fans going mental.

Especially in amateur footy where they can get the s**t kicked out of them

100% Umpires call. Goal Umpire and 2 boundary umpires were in pretty good position.

If this was AFL you could do a video review (even if the system has plenty of flaws) - but at any other level - you play to the umpires whistle. Respect for the umpires has to be paramount

Back