reggieray

Team Captain
Apr 24, 2007
bum*****idaho
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
(FFC)bulldogs,
whta's happening over in thurgoona??? fancy beating the mountain men !!!! it just show's that money and farmers can be beaten!!!

whta's happening over in thurgoona??? fancy beating the mountain men !!!! it just show's that money and farmers can be beaten!!!
Well done reggieray, not the first time that you have beaten them? May be a different story come finals time mate, but what does that matter? What is the problem with farmers anyway, and i can tell you that not many of them have money at present.

Dont know about the farmers reggieray but get on the Dekka Train this year cause there's not a backman who can stop the Dekka Train not even Nic (I should be playing for Thurgoona) Conway could stop him. I think the 'train is the clear favorite to win the Barton Medal and the Doggies will be there come september:thumbsu:

Dont know about the farmers reggieray but get on the Dekka Train this year cause there's not a backman who can stop the Dekka Train not even Nic (I should be playing for Thurgoona) Conway could stop him. I think the 'train is the clear favorite to win the Barton Medal and the Doggies will be there come september:thumbsu:

I think if he doesnt win the medal he should be near shot (not many AFL standard players in their prime run around in the TDFL) it all depends where he gets his head at.:confused:
Reggieray, as for the dogs beating money and farmers, you look at the pickups for Thurgoona this year, it shows that they are not short of a few quid. I don't have a problem with teams going out and paying for a few players, but don't try to claim that the other side pays players and you don't, especially when the levels of cash being splashed are the same.

I think if he doesnt win the medal he should be near shot (not many AFL standard players in their prime run around in the TDFL) it all depends where he gets his head at.:confused:
Reggieray, as for the dogs beating money and farmers, you look at the pickups for Thurgoona this year, it shows that they are not short of a few quid. I don't have a problem with teams going out and paying for a few players, but don't try to claim that the other side pays players and you don't, especially when the levels of cash being splashed are the same.
So your claiming to know what Thurgoona are paying i think not. I can say confidently Thurgoona would have one of the lowest if not the lowest player budget in the league. And for your imformation Dek actually came to Thurgoona of his own devices he wasn't chased at all. He has played his junior football there as well as having a long standing friendship with the coach that goes back to when they were kids. So be careful where you go with this as what you may think is the case is definately not. It is a nothing argument anyway.

what i am saying is it's good for footy to see thurgoona up there and showing the mountain men that it take's more then money to win games.And as for the dekka train he should be carving up sides.It's also good to see great players returning to there roots.If the farmers ain't paying for mitta who is????

what i am saying is it's good for footy to see thurgoona up there and showing the mountain men that it take's more then money to win games.And as for the dekka train he should be carving up sides.It's also good to see great players returning to there roots.If the farmers ain't paying for mitta who is????

Look don't get me wrong, its great to see the Dogs beat Mitta up there, but just enjoy the win and don't try to gloat that you did it against all these problems. Everyone knows Mitta at Mitta is the hardest trip in the league and everyone knows that the David and Goliath game is Mitta v Dogs, so enjoy the win, but keep a lid on it a little, Id like to see Thurgoona make a run in the finals and I don't want them to have blown their wad too early.

NOP, actually Ive had a few mates go and play for Thurgoona this year and so I know there is some money being slashed around, not bucketloads, but some. Also, you having a go at me saying I don't know what Im talking about, how are you so sure that Mitta throw the cash around, do you have inside knowledge as well?

Look don't get me wrong, its great to see the Dogs beat Mitta up there, but just enjoy the win and don't try to gloat that you did it against all these problems. Everyone knows Mitta at Mitta is the hardest trip in the league and everyone knows that the David and Goliath game is Mitta v Dogs, so enjoy the win, but keep a lid on it a little, Id like to see Thurgoona make a run in the finals and I don't want them to have blown their wad too early.

NOP, actually Ive had a few mates go and play for Thurgoona this year and so I know there is some money being slashed around, not bucketloads, but some. Also, you having a go at me saying I don't know what Im talking about, how are you so sure that Mitta throw the cash around, do you have inside knowledge as well?
Hence the reason i said it was a nothing argument all it is is speculation i have no idea what money any clubs are throwing around. And to be honest i don't care. All i know and care and worry about is my own and thats why i will defend it as anyone would.:thumbsu:

Who has Thurgoona got in their Backline??? i'm hearing alot about their midfielders and Forwards but surely they must have a strong backline or are the backline players just playing above themselves.. Did they pick up some backman or just blokes stepped up from last year???

You know do you? It wouldn't be hard to work out there identities as they must be the clubs treasures? I've been around long enough to know that most blokes don't talk about what they're getting paid if in fact they are getting paid at all. You'll generally find the blokes talking about the money are more than likely the ones that aren't getting any. So I put it to you localjedi that you in fact know jack s***.

There is nothing i can't stand more then players who like to skite about money they are supposively getting paid. It just sh*ts me because i know the majority of the time it is a load of crap. I have no respect for people like that. I prefer to go and watch guys who are loyal to there club so much so that they stick through the hard times as well as the good. That is character. Blokes who shop themselves around to try and get the most they can for themselves wouldn't be welcome into my club because i know that when the going gets tough they would be the first to bail. Give me a less talented clubman over a talented football tart any day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every club in the league spends money whether they be on top or on the bottom, there was never any mention about how much Chiltern or Wodonga Saints were paying their recruits when they were making runs at flags. Why should Thurgoona be targeted when in fact Mitta would be more likely to be spending more money on their 'high profile' recruits than the doggies. I'm not a Thurgoona fan but from what i've heard they are a very well run club these days and they are not spending any more money than the lower to middle rung clubs. Go Doggies in '07:thumbsu:

Every club in the league spends money whether they be on top or on the bottom, there was never any mention about how much Chiltern or Wodonga Saints were paying their recruits when they were making runs at flags. Why should Thurgoona be targeted when in fact Mitta would be more likely to be spending more money on their 'high profile' recruits than the doggies. I'm not a Thurgoona fan but from what i've heard they are a very well run club these days and they are not spending any more money than the lower to middle rung clubs. Go Doggies in '07:thumbsu:

well said toecutter :thumbsu:

well i kno 4 a fact that mitta dont hand out much money at all most of the people that are 'high profile' recruits have roots to the club. mitta pay not many of their players in fact they are quite tight on who they do pay.

There is nothing i can't stand more then players who like to skite about money they are supposively getting paid. It just sh*ts me because i know the majority of the time it is a load of crap. I have no respect for people like that. I prefer to go and watch guys who are loyal to there club so much so that they stick through the hard times as well as the good. That is character. Blokes who shop themselves around to try and get the most they can for themselves wouldn't be welcome into my club because i know that when the going gets tough they would be the first to bail. Give me a less talented clubman over a talented football tart any day.

You are a smart man RHG, that is exactly the strategy the Dogs have employed to build a reasonably competetive side on a shoestring budget. Good local kids who had never played there before were a priority. Madden, Tanner, Lawrence, Miller & Hunter to name a few, are hardly household names but are there for the right reason. Experienced players who had played there previously but had left for one reason or another were also enticed. Toon, James, Tucker, Franz X 2, Gunn, Alston, Miles, Lebner, again are not names that everyone knows, but are all there because they want to be. The Dogs had 6 of their last 8 senior B&F winners playing for them at Mitta on Saturday. As for all the argument about who gets paid what at any given club, you are all just speculating. In any good club the less people that know who gets what and how much is spent the better. You are also right about the guys that talk about how much they get are usually exaggerating big time, or lying completely. The Dogs are certainly not a premiership threat yet, but in much better nick than 18 months ago.

Well said RHG and RS there is still a few getting around our club that would be described as nothing short of fantastic clubman for surviving what the've been through. Hopefully they can have some sort of success before there careers are finished. God knows they deserve it.:thumbsu:

All should know Thurgoona Dont have the wads of money to throw around, and who really cares? as a former player of the doggies, its awsome to see them up and running, sounds to me like the club is being run the way it should be. Also sounds like alot of people are trying to knock a team down that has been down for ages...well...I hope the dogs knock all the teams that have been above them for years, off thier pedestal. Go Dogs !

well done doggies...hope you continue your winning form this week...the dekka train is in fine form...

well done doggies...hope you continue your winning form this week...the dekka train is in fine form...
I can tell you his not the sole reason for the doggies good start there has been plenty of valuable contributors his just finishing of the hard work.:thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

well the doggies are sitting pretty on top and look like getting stronger by the week....they have the week off and will come out firing ........they seem to have been pretty lucky with injuries and hopefully it stays that way.....the dekkka train must have a quiet one on the weekend .....i suppose he had plenty of it and shared it around.......:D :D :D ......it looks like the rest of league has a bit of catching the doggy express....:thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back