go thurgooooooonaaaaa

Remove this Banner Ad

well the doggies are sitting pretty on top and look like getting stronger by the week....they have the week off and will come out firing ........they seem to have been pretty lucky with injuries and hopefully it stays that way.....the dekkka train must have a quiet one on the weekend .....i suppose he had plenty of it and shared it around.......:D :D :D ......it looks like the rest of league has a bit of catching the doggy express....:thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Looks like the doggy express DERAILED........:thumbsu:

well the doggies train is ready to go this week.i wouldn't want to play them...dekka train is primed and ready to kick a bag....i hear that they look better then ever ....so look out .....

have the doggies lost the plot??? i hate when people so they needed to lose a game.....what a load of crap.....there's nothing worse then losing....so why do we need to lose a game when on a streak!!!

Have not lost the plot, and agree there's no need to lose a game just because your on a roll. Beechworth simply played better in a game(I think)that had a terrible skill level. When the dogs get a full strength team on the ground(which they haven't yet), fix some silly skill and decision making errors, you'll see them bitting back. Makes an interesting game for this week against Kiewa, a game that any Thurgoona resident or former supporter should not miss.
Also note that this is the last game at the ground as the reconstruction of the kennel takes place at the end of the season. Hope it turns out as good as VFL Park used to be!!:D

Just wondering your thoughts Doggies on whether you feel Brendan Roberson should be credited at all with your terrific ressurgence over the past two years?Dont know the exact circumstances of his departure(heard work committments prevented him giving the time needed)but i thought his initial appointment was the first of some very good ones over the past two years.At the very least he obviously attracted the right sort of people to the club 2 years ago.

Just wondering your thoughts Doggies on whether you feel Brendan Roberson should be credited at all with your terrific ressurgence over the past two years?Dont know the exact circumstances of his departure(heard work committments prevented him giving the time needed)but i thought his initial appointment was the first of some very good ones over the past two years.At the very least he obviously attracted the right sort of people to the club 2 years ago.

I guess he started the ball rolling for Thurgoona switch, in that he got a few signings to the club, and blokes I guess he thought that a club like Thurgoona should have help rebuild. I think in addition to Brendan you probably need to look at Tony Way and Lachie Butler in the commitee who obviously know how to run business' and let's be honest football clubs nowdays are very much a business.
At the same time too Brendan departing from the club (because of work commitments) could have sent it reeling and again heading on the path it was heading, however SOME of those blokes Brendan recriuted have stuck with it andreally wanted to make a difference and develop some sort of professionalism in a club that severley lacked it. I think Wightman has stood up and is guiding this club to a premiership in the not to distant future. To use the old cliche "It wont happen overnight but it will happen". Thurgoona should be very proud of their efforts this season regardless of the end of year result and will only build on it.:thumbsu:

I guess he started the ball rolling for Thurgoona switch, in that he got a few signings to the club, and blokes I guess he thought that a club like Thurgoona should have help rebuild. I think in addition to Brendan you probably need to look at Tony Way and Lachie Butler in the commitee who obviously know how to run business' and let's be honest football clubs nowdays are very much a business.
At the same time too Brendan departing from the club (because of work commitments) could have sent it reeling and again heading on the path it was heading, however SOME of those blokes Brendan recriuted have stuck with it andreally wanted to make a difference and develop some sort of professionalism in a club that severley lacked it. I think Wightman has stood up and is guiding this club to a premiership in the not to distant future. To use the old cliche "It wont happen overnight but it will happen". Thurgoona should be very proud of their efforts this season regardless of the end of year result and will only build on it.:thumbsu:

Here, here........now I'll have a beer!!. Do u want another AD? :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here, here........now I'll have a beer!!. Do u want another AD? :D

First time I've logged onto the Thurgoona thread and let me say, you guys are a joke. The whole football community would of been reading this and laughing at you. You can't be serious. "Look out for the Thurgoona express" "No local resident should miss Thurgoona Kiewa this week" From memory you got done by around 100 points.

Fantastic win against Mitta in round 2 but premierships aren't won there. Also, the crap about mitta spending money on big recruits, what a joke. Matt Jones - local
Nelson Brothers - local
Mark Carty - former player who works with John Tuenon
Danny Choen - married to a local
Nick Conway - OK you've got me there:D Came as assistant coach and didn't want to come to a club like yours, evident in reading this thread.
Those six blokes were the top up from the previous year. Its a known fact everywhere in the Tallangatta league that Mitta don't fork out the cash. It seems you Thurgoona trash aren't aware or more to the point its an excuse for your pathetic efforts over the years, this year included. People want to play there because there is a bit of feeling at the club and a strong tradition. Success also helps.

I hope the half a dozen tools on this thread aren't representative of your club, though I fear they are. Boys, you need to keep a lid on it and go about your business. If you need convincing, have a read back through your postings respective of the year you have had.

Now you can bitch and moan all you like and I do feel bad about the 'harsh' tone, but you needed to be told. Good luck for next year:thumbsu:

First time I've logged onto the Thurgoona thread and let me say, you guys are a joke. The whole football community would of been reading this and laughing at you. You can't be serious. "Look out for the Thurgoona express" "No local resident should miss Thurgoona Kiewa this week" From memory you got done by around 100 points.

Fantastic win against Mitta in round 2 but premierships aren't won there. Also, the crap about mitta spending money on big recruits, what a joke. Matt Jones - local
Nelson Brothers - local
Mark Carty - former player who works with John Tuenon
Danny Choen - married to a local
Nick Conway - OK you've got me there:D Came as assistant coach and didn't want to come to a club like yours, evident in reading this thread.
Those six blokes were the top up from the previous year. Its a known fact everywhere in the Tallangatta league that Mitta don't fork out the cash. It seems you Thurgoona trash aren't aware or more to the point its an excuse for your pathetic efforts over the years, this year included. People want to play there because there is a bit of feeling at the club and a strong tradition. Success also helps.

I hope the half a dozen tools on this thread aren't representative of your club, though I fear they are. Boys, you need to keep a lid on it and go about your business. If you need convincing, have a read back through your postings respective of the year you have had.

Now you can bitch and moan all you like and I do feel bad about the 'harsh' tone, but you needed to be told. Good luck for next year:thumbsu:
So is wodonga a suburb of Mitta or is Mitta a suburb of Wodonga. i wouldn't have thought thurgoona's year wasn't half bad considering where they came from. as with any long term succesfull club it takes years to build and is not going to happen over night and all at the kennel are well aware of that. In terms of this year it did exceed all expectations including our own and it gives us something to build. I'm not going to comment on Mitta as they obviously have the right people around the club and have the type of wining culture we are trying to install in our club. But mate if you look at the dates of the post they were a fair while ago in the season you don't really see anyone from any club citing how good they are as only one club walked away with the prize. so yes i think you are being harshe on people who are obviously proud in the way there club as performed.

Well I thought I bring this Thread back as Thurgoona are looking very strong this season. Are they the Albury of the TDFL???? They must be something rite if guys are signing. Let's hope they can put it together !!!
I think at the moment with the unlimited funds they appear to have within the next decade they might wanna be in the O and M! Do they have a financial backer like Mr Joss?:confused:

More Power to the Tricolours ReggieRay!
However, on a sour note it seems those administrators in the TDFL still refuse to play by the (VCFL) Rules when it comes to running a comp? Word is that in a recent match between Mitta and Thurgoona there was a case of racial vilification, heard by an officiating umpire, that has gone unreported! The fact the TDFL has tried to handle this all hush-hush and 'in house" does little for the reputation of both clubs... or the players involved. Better to have this out in the open and the air cleared. Sure the clubs may by able to handle it - in house. But that is not how the Rules apply. Or is it a matter that one club rules the TDFL and bugger the rest?
Go the Tricolours for the rest of the year!

More Power to the Tricolours ReggieRay!
However, on a sour note it seems those administrators in the TDFL still refuse to play by the (VCFL) Rules when it comes to running a comp? Word is that in a recent match between Mitta and Thurgoona there was a case of racial vilification, heard by an officiating umpire, that has gone unreported! The fact the TDFL has tried to handle this all hush-hush and 'in house" does little for the reputation of both clubs... or the players involved. Better to have this out in the open and the air cleared. Sure the clubs may by able to handle it - in house. But that is not how the Rules apply. Or is it a matter that one club rules the TDFL and bugger the rest?
Go the Tricolours for the rest of the year!

Sorry Alex but I have to say Nooooooooooooooooooooooo Thurgooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ...what happened ???? Did they get lost looking for the ground or couldn't handle playing on a sub standard ground?? Bring on next season but well done on making the GF !!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back