Opinion Goal Celebrations

Remove this Banner Ad

Jakksynn

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 10, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So much has been made of Duursma and his Bow and Arrow, where do you sit on this issue? Do you want to see more of it in our game? Is it a sign of arrogance?

Personally I love it. At the time we were only down by 16 points and if we weren’t a complete train wreck this year it might of been a huge spark for us. I love seeing players with passion and i’d Love to see more of it. 85C20868-9094-488E-88F1-3F151A6865A5.jpeg I’m

The margin was close enough that celebrating as a way to get your teammates pumped up is a good thing.

Had it been a 'superstar' the commentary would be much around that.

So yes, the celebration was good snd there should be more of it.

Sure, 10 goals down you might wanna calm down but a close match it's fine.

As an aside i think that particular celebration looks shithouse and goofy but power to him if he doesn't think so/realise.

So much has been made of Duursma and his Bow and Arrow, where do you sit on this issue? Do you want to see more of it in our game? Is it a sign of arrogance?

Personally I love it. At the time we were only down by 16 points and if we weren’t a complete train wreck this year it might of been a huge spark for us. I love seeing players with passion and i’d Love to see more of it. View attachment 713317I’m

The more goal celebrations the better.
Happy to see the players showing some personality.

Bring back the Mark Williams shotgun!

etuL00H.gif

The only thing I didn't like was that the Power were behind when he did this. I generally like celebrations in the game, they're fun to watch even if some (most) of them are cringeworthy. A bit of expression is good for players and fans

But doing such an exaggerated celebration when you're 3 goals down is a little off.

The only thing I didn't like was that the Power were behind when he did this. I generally like celebrations in the game, they're fun to watch even if some (most) of them are cringeworthy. A bit of expression is good for players and fans

But doing such an exaggerated celebration when you're 3 goals down is a little off.
But then if he only does it when we’re in front he’s arrogant and disrespectful. It’s either ok or it’s not you can’t have it both ways

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyway it is a bit cringy if it's just a random goal, but someone wants to celebrate a clutch goal in a tight game then I don't have a problem with it.

But then if he only does it when we’re in front he’s arrogant and disrespectful. It’s either ok or it’s not you can’t have it both ways
It's not quite that simple, a black and white answer would be nice but the world doesn't work that way. It's either ok or it's not is a terrible way to put it.

this. also for hinkley, dont call a player humble when theyre going to be a showboat like that, that makes it seem worse. just say theyre a bit crazy or out there and we will accept it better. but i guess thats hinkley being a dumbass.

also for anyone not at the game, richmond fans were booing before he even did that because the mark was paid when the ball went about 10m. the w***er celebration just made it worse.

I like it for entertainment value. Just make sure you continue to play footy after the celebration. Otherwise you will be seen as a dill.

Also nice quick snappy celebrations are preferable. None of this BS 2-minute goal celebrations please (like the soccer examples in the above).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back