Opinion Goal Celebrations

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not a fan.
In such a team orientated game, it wreaks of me, me, me.
But I will acknowledge that my opinion will be very much in the minority.
I’m with you. There is a reason why ex players say they wouldn’t of done it. It’s because it’s bad character. Those of us who are getting on a bit were taught that kind of behaviour is wrong. It’s pretentious, over confident, arrogant, egotistical, narcissistic, etc. Our fathers would of smacked us around the back of the head and said don’t be an idiot, with good reason. It might seem like a small thing, but demonstrates the lack of understanding in today’s society. If I was the coach I’d rip into him about wasting his time thinking about how to show off after kicking a goal instead of practicing his footy skills.

I’m with you. There is a reason why ex players say they wouldn’t of done it. It’s because it’s bad character. Those of us who are getting on a bit were taught that kind of behaviour is wrong. It’s pretentious, over confident, arrogant, egotistical, narcissistic, etc. Our fathers would of smacked us around the back of the head and said don’t be an idiot, with good reason. It might seem like a small thing, but demonstrates the lack of understanding in today’s society. If I was the coach I’d rip into him about wasting his time thinking about how to show off after kicking a goal instead of practicing his footy skills.
Clarkson stopped Mark Williams from doing the shotgun.
Maybe things have changed since then.
I just don't like it, but I can see why the majority would like it.
For what it's worth, I wasn't overly keen on Rioli and Stack doing what they did either.

Duursma is the deserved winner of this week's nomination for rising flog award.

Clarkson stopped Mark Williams from doing the shotgun.
Maybe things have changed since then.
I just don't like it, but I can see why the majority would like it.
For what it's worth, I wasn't overly keen on Rioli and Stack doing what they did either.
I agree. Dimma should shut it down IMO.

"Historically speaking, the composite bow or asiatic bow had an effective range of some 300 to 400 yards, though its absolute range was about twice that distance"

So it could've hit anyone! Extremely dangerous. This is an OUTRAGE and it's just typical of the media that no one is reporting it!!!!
Still wasn't aiming

also for anyone not at the game, richmond fans were booing before he even did that because the mark was paid when the ball went about 10m. the w***er celebration just made it worse.

Actually, that's the only reason I liked it a bit. I'm generally not a fan of the 'Look at me!' celebrations, but hell, if you are going to pull it out, do it when the opposition fans are going off at you for something you couldn't control (umpiring decision). Stick it up 'em, son!

Now for a real celebration - here's Barry Sanders - certainly in the argument for the 'Best NFL Running Back Ever'. This is what he did.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/td-tuesday/0ap3000000810695/Top-10-End-Zone-Celebrations-Barry-Sanders

Remove this Banner Ad

Back