Analysis Goal Kicking

Remove this Banner Ad

I.... have too much time on my hands? :oops: Another spreadsheet. Doesn't take into account kicks out on the full (or rushed behinds, insofar as the totals go).

Nice work as always.

Danihers accuracy doesnt look that bad. Buddy had a similar type of accuracy in his early days.
Id be interested in how we look against bottom sides and then comparatively against the top teams.
You would think adelaide would be highly accurate due to what feels like a large number of goals out the back (stats might not show that)

Nice work as always.

Danihers accuracy doesnt look that bad. Buddy had a similar type of accuracy in his early days.
Id be interested in how we look against bottom sides and then comparatively against the top teams.
You would think adelaide would be highly accurate due to what feels like a large number of goals out the back (stats might not show that)
If I can find accessible stats I'll have a go at it :)

Nice work as always.

Daniher would have kicked it on the full another 8 times as well this year..

Nice work as always.

Have another look now... :)

If anyone knows of somewhere on the internet that already has out on the full statistics, that'd be wonderful.

That was embarrassing when I saw that. Looks like a token effort to me. Like Jacko said on Tuesday night, you have to have shots daily otherwise you will not be able to recorrect errors

That was embarrassing when I saw that. Looks like a token effort to me. Like Jacko said on Tuesday night, you have to have shots daily otherwise you will not be able to recorrect errors
The club is trying really hard to control the narrative. They keep going on about goal kicking and accuracy, and it's working. Every press conference, someone asks about it. Every radio or television interview, they ask about it. Makes me wonder what it is that they're trying to distract people from asking about...

The club is trying really hard to control the narrative. They keep going on about goal kicking and accuracy, and it's working. Every press conference, someone asks about it. Every radio or television interview, they ask about it. Makes me wonder what it is that they're trying to distract people from asking about...
Classic, lets just talk about it. How about they just spend 2 hours kicking for goal at the end of each training? That will give them both practice and something to talk about

Danahar, just for shts & giggles, Forget about lining up for goal, try and kick a left hand point for chrst sake

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lloyd in today's episode of Access All Areas has again ruled out coming back to the club to help Joe with his goal kicking. Who will be our next goal kicking coach?

Whoever does the Hawthorn goal kick, double his wage and bring him over...

Joe should adopt an arc similar to Buddy's. Fixing that ball drop is going to be way too painful.

Let JD sort out his kicking issues separate to the club As Lloyd says, JD employs someone separate from the club to help his kicking.

And as everyone one else on the list has kicked like a champion this year we do not need any other players to have any help .....

And as everyone one else on the list has kicked like a champion this year we do not need any other players to have any help .....

Watson employed his own fitness/boxing coach - Zaharakis paid for 2 weeks in Utah - Players often do things outside of the club to improve their performance.

This problem with the kicking of the goals I have answer for. It remind me of story back in my homeland, when I was a little boy. There was a market for the place, many row of stall and a narrow path between. Many a time us children would be ask to carry supplies from stall to another stall. It is difficult to carry in a straight line with many obstacle, tourist, and the heavy of the carrying. Many time we fall and break the pottery, spill the vegetable on the ground, and always some old man to smack us around the ears. It was the fearing of the smacking from the old men that make us children learn to carry in a straight line. I am thinking that this would be solve all the problem with the Bomber team kicking of the goals.

Watson employed his own fitness/boxing coach - Zaharakis paid for 2 weeks in Utah - Players often do things outside of the club to improve their performance.

Yes but how many players can we help in a vital area of the game if the club employs an expert even if it is 2 days a week. Everyone on the list can benefit from it and not just the forwards. I know what you are saying but i see this issue as a must have for the whole list as it is the most important area of the game. Even if you convert shots at goal at 60% you are kicking 6.4 rather than our current 4.6 or 3.7 or 2.8

Let JD sort out his kicking issues separate to the club As Lloyd says, JD employs someone separate from the club to help his kicking.

We are, I believe, the least accurate goalkicking team in the past 40 years. It's a club issue that goes a lot deeper than just Daniher and should be addressed by the club.

We are, I believe, the least accurate goalkicking team in the past 40 years. It's a club issue that goes a lot deeper than just Daniher and should be addressed by the club.

Yes it needs to be addressed by the club. At the same time, players can seek self improvement - You shouldn't need to solely rely on the club.

Lloyd in today's episode of Access All Areas has again ruled out coming back to the club to help Joe with his goal kicking.

What a discrace. Sure, Lloyd can't be a full time coach, but he can't even give him a phone call and tell him to hire somebody? Just because we here everyone in the media saying how Daniher needs to hire psychologists and kicking coaches dosen't mean Daniher's hearing any of it or that anybody's telling him.

Just an observation from the past couple of weeks, but McKenna and Fantasia's set shots have improved dramatically over the past 6-8 months. Have they been training with a coach?

Because if so, I'd love to see Laverde (who used to be a reliable shot) and Daniher to follow their lead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back