Goal of the Year - surely nobody will beat that!

Remove this Banner Ad

CrowFan77

Senior List
Jun 27, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Surely Riley Thilthorpe (The Thriller) has stitched up Goal of the Year with that effort last night! Snap over his head to put team in front with one minute to go - and the icing on the cake - HE KICKED IT WITH HIS NON-PREFERRED FOOT!

Do they often take context of the goal into it anymore? I can't think of any that were slightly less sensational than others but won because of the point of the game.
Weightman kicked one basically exactly the same as Thilthorpe only a couple of weeks ago. There will be plenty better.

Do they often take context of the goal into it anymore? I can't think of any that were slightly less sensational than others but won because of the point of the game.
Weightman kicked one basically exactly the same as Thilthorpe only a couple of weeks ago. There will be plenty better.

For technical skill, kicking a goal over your head from 15ms out isn't that difficult (bit like the Matthew Lloyds back-kick) but given the context of the game it has to be a contender.

Is it part of the criteria?

A 200cm kicking over his head on his non-preferred to win the game a minute after missing a set shot is ridiculously impressive and arguably harder to execute than Eddie Betts kicking a dribbled banana half way through a first quarter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back