Goal Review

JayJ20

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Showed it worked ?? Buy going with the original umpires decision because they didn’t have the correct technology in place to 100% confirm the decision like what the system was actually put in place for yeah that makes sense!
Yeah the technology itself works because there wouldn't have been any doubt if it was in place.

Just because it wasn't available yesterday doesn't mean you have to get rid of it everywhere like you're proposing. The goal review technology has been really good this year when it is available.

Apr 24, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yeah the technology itself works because there wouldn't have been any doubt if it was in place.

Just because it wasn't available yesterday doesn't mean you have to get rid of it everywhere like you're proposing. The goal review technology has been really good this year when it is available.
That’s the point chief it wasn’t in place what would have happened if the umpire called it touched yesterday not having a camera in place would have been a big drama luckily the umpire got it right the review system is supposed to take luck out of it

The goal reviews seem to be causing more controversy then actually solving it . Surely if they can’t bring themselves to have the same camera technology at every ground then they shouldn’t have it at all !

goal reviews are there to assist the umpires decisions

sometimes, even with cameras it doesn't capture the image needed due to frame rate, angle or a person is blocking the view. Sure it's frustrating at times but it is better than nothing.

Very amateurish by the AFL not to have the same cameras at every ground, but let’s be honest the AFL is run very amateurish.

I understand it is run by the broadcaster not the AFL. Is that correct?

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
I acknowledge the pain and suffering it must cause St Kilda's fans to see stars like Angus Brayshaw, Jake Lever, Ed Langdon and of course Christian Petracca perform to such a high standard, knowing that in the same draft their recruiting team took a punt on an overweight key forward who sadly didn't make it to 50 games. And I can confirm the score review system at this stadium fails to meet what one would reasonably assume is a professional standard. However I will now provide a list of other unprofessional items on display during this match that St Kilda fans may want to direct their anger at instead:

* Brad Hill's waistline.
* Dougal Howard's awareness.
* Brett Ratten's absence of an alternative game-plan to the one that was demonstrably worked out weeks ago.
* Timothy Membrey's tattoos.

I hope this helps. Thank you.

Sep 24, 2006
Wimmera
AFL Club
Collingwood
The AFL has now announced that all games from now on will have goal line cameras.

It's the fourth time in the last 2 years the AFL has made such an announcement - each time following a basically useless goal review without the use of goal line cameras.

There's always a chance that this time they actually mean it.

MrWilson

Debutant
Aug 18, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Without looking i knew this was going to be posted by a salty Saints supporter. Umpire was right there and called it a goal. Get the f### over it. Clear goal. The mark should have been paid to Trac anyway.

Incorrect and the AFL has basically said as much today.

MrWilson

Debutant
Aug 18, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
That goal isn't even controversial.
Goal umpire was in the best position and called it a goal. Wanted it to get doubled checked. Video was not conclusive enough so he stayed with his original call as a goal.

Hell to me the video showed the ball being way over the line when it was first touched.
The ball was on the line and the Saints player wasn't even near it at that point.

Umpire called goal because he thought it wasn’t touched. The review showed it had been touched. Wrong call

Demon13304

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Not what the umpire asked he asked was it touched because he knew it crossed the line. The only contact could have been made was before the line. Bad mistake.
Okay? Ball was still over the line when he first touched it.
"The only contact could have been made was before the line" isn't even a fact
Screenshot_20200830-175239_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200830-175258_Gallery.jpg

Excuse the phone screenshots. First photo shows ball was on the line when he wasn't near it. Second photo shows him first touching it when it was already over the line.
Umpire had the best spot, and called it a goal.

Yes they should've had goal line technology, but it would've been a goal either way.

MrWilson

Debutant
Aug 18, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Okay? Ball was still over the line when he first touched it.
"The only contact could have been made was before the line" isn't even a fact
View attachment 949035
View attachment 949037
Excuse the phone screenshots. First photo shows ball was on the line when he wasn't near it. Second photo shows him first touching it when it was already over the line.

Yes they should've had goal line technology, but it would've been a goal either way.

Tom Browne again saying mistake on 7 News.

meesy

Cancelled
Apr 14, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Can they not set up a camera man front and centre in front of the goals. I'm sure the cheer squad would complain but an additional close up would surely help

Apr 24, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
I acknowledge the pain and suffering it must cause St Kilda's fans to see stars like Angus Brayshaw, Jake Lever, Ed Langdon and of course Christian Petracca perform to such a high standard, knowing that in the same draft their recruiting team took a punt on an overweight key forward who sadly didn't make it to 50 games. And I can confirm the score review system at this stadium fails to meet what one would reasonably assume is a professional standard. However I will now provide a list of other unprofessional items on display during this match that St Kilda fans may want to direct their anger at instead:

* Brad Hill's waistline.
* Brett Ratten's absence of an alternative game-plan to the one that was demonstrably worked out weeks ago.

Mate this post might be funny if it wasn’t coming from a Melbourne supporter a club that has had some of ta

* Brad Hill's waistline.

this post might actually be funny if it wasn’t coming from a Melbourne supporter your club has had some of the biggest draft mistakes in history did you forget about jack watts over Nic Nat taking cale morton top 5 , swapping the josh Kelly pick for a hack like Don Tyson😂. As for coaches Goodwin wouldn’t be fit to do up rattens shoe laces for as a coach . We had plenty of passengers on the wknd but dougal Howard was actually one of our better players shows how much you watch a game

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Mate this post might be funny if it wasn’t coming from a Melbourne supporter a club that has had some of ta

this post might actually be funny if it wasn’t coming from a Melbourne supporter
No need to pick on my team, I was just trying to help. I hope you have gotten over the loss and feel better now. Maybe next time you need to have sook about umpires and goal reviews you keep it to your team board, ok?

Apr 24, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
No need to pick on my team, I was just trying to help. I hope you have gotten over the loss and feel better now. Maybe next time you need to have sook about umpires and goal reviews you keep it to your team board, ok?
Wa
was not sooking about anything we had plenty of chances to win and didn’t take them Melbourne did so deserved to win your the one going on a some rant about st kildas drafting that has nothing to do with the thread my point of the thread was if you’re going to have a goal review system surely having a camera on the goal line is slightly important

Duckimus Prime

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
View attachment 949037

That second image does not clearly show that the ball is over the line. And its why you need a goal line camera to make any judgement on that.

Back