Goalkicking Accuracy - A New Low (Is Whitten Oval Part Of The Problem?)

Remove this Banner Ad

One for Butane or whoever can come up with the stats...

I'd like to know whether the scoring accuracy is any different depending on whether a side is kicking to their cheer squad goals or the opposition's cheer squad goals. Does all that flag-waving make any difference?

One for Butane or whoever can come up with the stats...

I'd like to know whether the scoring accuracy is any different depending on whether a side is kicking to their cheer squad goals or the opposition's cheer squad goals. Does all that flag-waving make any difference?
Interesting question. "Left of screen" at Docklands is towards our cheer squad, but we'd need the team breakdowns for this:

An interesting observation by occasional poster Butane that I thought was worth sharing:

Pretty crazy that there is such a significant difference over such a large number of shots, for no apparent reason.

Interesting question. "Left of screen" at Docklands is towards our cheer squad, but we'd need the team breakdowns for this:
Don't the cheer squads change ends depending on who is the home side? I don't pay it much attention on TV and only get to about one or two live games a year (nearly always our home game).

If so, sometimes our cheer squad would be right of screen.

This is our shot map for 2019 as of R19 (All Grounds)...

Shots - 490
Goals - 210
Behinds - 217
Scores - 427
Scoring Shots - 396
Kicked Behinds - 186
No Score - 94

Behinds Rushed - 31
Behinds Touched - 4
Behinds Left - 93
Behinds Right - 69
Behinds Left Post - 10
Behinds Right Post - 10

*Someone* at the club should be tracking all of the metrics for goal kicking (at a minimum) for each of our players below league average. Then using it to correct patterns of frequently missing from xyz

E.g
Venue
Used planned routine
Ball drop
Spin
Length
Distance out
Angle
Metres from centre target
Direction from centre target

Remove this Banner Ad

Back