God of War III

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 18, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I have never played this series and am keen to give it a go. From all reports GOWIII looks like a ripper game, but should I go back and play I & II first or jump straight into III?

Feel free to give a short review of this game for someone who knows very little about the series

I have never played this series and am keen to give it a go. From all reports GOWIII looks like a ripper game, but should I go back and play I & II first or jump straight into III?

Feel free to give a short review of this game for someone who knows very little about the series

it is a ripper of a game but i highly suggest you play the first 2 before the third to fully appreciate the whole series/story.

one of the best gaming series i've ever played.

it's best with no real review...just go out there and buy and play! (hd collection first though....you won't regret it)

I have just started playing GOW 1 last night, i played about half of GOW3 not long ago and decided to stop that and start from the begining, im glad i did after playing a few hours of the first.

Second the call for playing in order with the HD versions...the game design is good enough that the graphics in 1 and 2 don't really matter anyway. And the level design is awesome.

So after seeing the trailer for the new game at E3 I purchased this on Ps4. Finished it today. Where has this game been all my life? Stunning game, controls beautifully and is challenging parts. The final boss battle was great. Bring on the new one!

So after seeing the trailer for the new game at E3 I purchased this on Ps4. Finished it today. Where has this game been all my life? Stunning game, controls beautifully and is challenging parts. The final boss battle was great. Bring on the new one!

Looks so good on PS4 too, hard to believe it was a PS3 title.

6.5 year thread bump, that's impressive.
Another 6 year bump from me!

Any idea how to play the original games on PS4/PS5? From what I can gather the first two games are only available on PS2/PS3 - I did download God of War 3 on the PS4 but haven't played it yet. I was reading some of the story from the original games and it sounds awesome, my son is also reading some books at the moment which deal with the Greek gods (Percy Jackson books) and he has gotten into Ragnarok while I've been playing it so thought it would be cool to show him.

I saw some comments online that you could get the old games through the PS subscription but when I browsed through the catalogue on there I couldn't see anything (I don't have a PS sub as don't play online games).

Edit: I do have a PS3 in a cupboard somewhere but from memory the controller I had stopped working or was dodgy plus thought it would be easier buying a digital copy on the PS4/PS5. I could try PC too if it's available there but wouldn't know where to look?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another 6 year bump from me!

Any idea how to play the original games on PS4/PS5? From what I can gather the first two games are only available on PS2/PS3 - I did download God of War 3 on the PS4 but haven't played it yet. I was reading some of the story from the original games and it sounds awesome, my son is also reading some books at the moment which deal with the Greek gods (Percy Jackson books) and he has gotten into Ragnarok while I've been playing it so thought it would be cool to show him.

I saw some comments online that you could get the old games through the PS subscription but when I browsed through the catalogue on there I couldn't see anything (I don't have a PS sub as don't play online games).

Edit: I do have a PS3 in a cupboard somewhere but from memory the controller I had stopped working or was dodgy plus thought it would be easier buying a digital copy on the PS4/PS5. I could try PC too if it's available there but wouldn't know where to look?

That is only on PS Plus in North America and some countries in Europe. There are three different tiers of PS Plus and in North America they have what is called “PS Plus Premium” and on that, they can stream (not download) PS3 games. The PS3 versions of God of War 1 and 2 are on PS Plus Premium.

In Australia, our highest tier is called “PS Plus Deluxe” and on that the older games we get are PSP, PS 1 and PS2 games. We can’t stream PS3 games in Australia unfortunately.

You can’t try to fool the system by creating a USA PS Account and buying a PS Plus Premium subscription. You still won’t be able to stream PS3 games in Australia. Your best bet would be to buy a genuine PS3 controller and just play them on the PS3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back