PS4 God of War

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Premiers04

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Magpies
The kid constantly talking changes the tone of the game. Kratos is a killing machine, not a father figure #notmykratos

Hope the kid dies so Kratos goes back to being his normal bloodthirsty self.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves, Renault F1, Footscray
Thread starter Moderator #3
The kid constantly talking changes the tone of the game. Kratos is a killing machine, not a father figure #notmykratos

Reckon we've only seen very early game. Think the kid going missing or dying is inevitable.

Mr_Moogle

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt FC
Something about this game just feels off.

dwwaino

AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
BVB, MVFC
Moderator #6
That is an awesome statue. A shame I’m not allowed any more.

juss

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets

Something about this game just feels off.
I'm seconding both of these. From the looks of it, it just seems not quite the God of War games that I know and love. I really agree on the point that Kratos doesn't come across as his rage-fueled DGAF self. I think another big thing that's missing that makes it not quite right is he doesn't have his Blades of Chaos. They were such a key part of the beautiful combat system and allowed for some awesome combos. I'm not sure the combat will feel as fluid without them.

bourbons

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
I'm seconding both of these. From the looks of it, it just seems not quite the God of War games that I know and love. I really agree on the point that Kratos doesn't come across as his rage-fueled DGAF self. I think another big thing that's missing that makes it not quite right is he doesn't have his Blades of Chaos. They were such a key part of the beautiful combat system and allowed for some awesome combos. I'm not sure the combat will feel as fluid without them.
That's because he's not, clearly. Its a different interpretation, a conscious decision by the devs to take the character in a different direction.

Dunno if it will be good or bad, I'm as big a fan as the old games and combat system as anyone. This will definitely not be that game though. Will be more introspective and story-driven. Having the camera as a standard 3rd person view means the combat will have to change too, tipping you won't be jumping 20 feet in the air while putting together 50 hit combos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

juss

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
That's because he's not, clearly. Its a different interpretation, a conscious decision by the devs to take the character in a different direction.

Dunno if it will be good or bad, I'm as big a fan as the old games and combat system as anyone. This will definitely not be that game though. Will be more introspective and story-driven. Having the camera as a standard 3rd person view means the combat will have to change too, tipping you won't be jumping 20 feet in the air while putting together 50 hit combos.
It will be very hit or miss for me I think. I'll either love the changes or hate them for deviating from the original great games.

sacka

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
A dev at psx in December said they have toned down the kid talking, he admitted it was too much but im not sure if the footage shown to date is him toned down or him at full flight before the nerf.

AFL Club
Essendon
Top Bottom