PS4 God of War

Remove this Banner Ad

I expected a good storyline. The opening did not impress me. It was lame IMO - innocent girl on the wrong side of the tracks with a loving father figure and lots of cliches. Put me off the open world which I otherwise would’ve enjoyed.
If seeing a little girl get bullied and not understanding why doesn't pull on your heart strings, you have no soul! ;)

I must admit I put it down after a few hours and never went back either. I was enjoying it but nothing had drawn me in. Can't remember if I got to the city or not. I do plan to start it again eve tually though.

I must admit I put it down after a few hours and never went back either. I was enjoying it but nothing had drawn me in. Can't remember if I got to the city or not. I do plan to start it again eve tually though.
I was the same.

It took me a month or two to come back to the game and then it hooked me.

Absolutely amazing game!

Was a good game imo but it sounds like that wouldn't be enough to save it in your eyes. I always feel the story is secondary to the gameplay. If it's a fun game to play idgaf about the story and I'd never play a **** game just because it had a good story.

Yeah fair enough.

And it was misleading with how much content there would be. Without spoiling it for those who haven't played it, it looks like you will get to go to all these amazing places... but you don't. Also as you said the story just ends as it really picks up. Given the condition of the world at the end I would have thought it was obvious there would be plans for a sequel. Yet so far we're only getting 'hints' of a sequel. I would be disappointed if they think it's done and just leaving it there. It would be like if there were no more movies after Fellowship of the Ring. Sure it had an ending, but the story isn't finished.

Oh we're getting a sequel, you can take that to the bank. Has sold well over 10 million copies.

Was a good game imo but it sounds like that wouldn't be enough to save it in your eyes. I always feel the story is secondary to the gameplay. If it's a fun game to play idgaf about the story and I'd never play a s**t game just because it had a good story.

Agree that story is secondary to gameplay, especially for an open world game - but it still blows me away that anyone stopped playing HZD because of the story. Best story ever in an open world game for mine, probably the only one where I actively sought out every journal, collectable and recording I could find to flesh it out even further. Was really invested in finding out how the world ended up in the state it was in - suppose I am a bit of a sucker for good sci fi though.

Agree that story is secondary to gameplay, especially for an open world game - but it still blows me away that anyone stopped playing HZD because of the story. Best story ever in an open world game for mine, probably the only one where I actively sought out every journal, collectable and recording I could find to flesh it out even further. Was really invested in finding out how the world ended up in the state it was in - suppose I am a bit of a sucker for good sci fi though.
Agree completely about it being the best story in an OW game. It was quite a different take on post apocalyptic worlds. Aloy had fantastic character development, as did the majority of the characters (even if some were a little brief). It was also the most visually stunning OW game I've played as well. Combat was awesome, made you feel like a complete badass taking down some of those mechanical beasts. Very well rounded game.

Was a good game imo but it sounds like that wouldn't be enough to save it in your eyes. I always feel the story is secondary to the gameplay. If it's a fun game to play idgaf about the story and I'd never play a s**t game just because it had a good story.
Red Dead 2? s**t's not the right word but the story & side stories are the best part of the game rather than the gun play or commuting around the country side.

Was just thinking if they ever make a God of War film I would use HHH has the beard and look to play Kratos

View attachment 487503

He is a dead ringer haha

I just started playing this game the other day (just got a PS4 earlier this year for my bday) and even my son pointed out that it has "the triple H guy" in it

Pretty great game so far, I just finished up the Alfheim world with the lake and tower and returned back to Midgard. Need hours to plow into this though which I find hard, might have to sacrifice watching some footy to get some game time in.

He is a dead ringer haha

I just started playing this game the other day (just got a PS4 earlier this year for my bday) and even my son pointed out that it has "the triple H guy" in it

Pretty great game so far, I just finished up the Alfheim world with the lake and tower and returned back to Midgard. Need hours to plow into this though which I find hard, might have to sacrifice watching some footy to get some game time in.

He's the right age too

Great game you will thoroughly enjoy it

Playing this for the first time, combat feels sluggish but that probably just because I’ve finished Spider-Man. The Leviathan axe is very satisfying though, the thud as it hits your hands after throwing it is awesome!

Anyone get the platinum?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have this but never actually finished it (probably only a few hours in). Seems a few people were the same though also seems definitely worth revisiting.

Big franchise fan as I am a serial non completionist but always loved the core GOW games and smashed through them.

I have this but never actually finished it (probably only a few hours in). Seems a few people were the same though also seems definitely worth revisiting.

Big franchise fan as I am a serial non completionist but always loved the core GOW games and smashed through them.
i only played one of the older ones back in the day and didnt really enjoy it. idk which numbered one it was. anyway the new one took a few hours for me to get into but i would definitely recommend giving it another crack. combat gets better as it goes on, also the world opens up a bit as well.

i find this happens with a lot of games actually, i play a few hours at the start and it doesnt click. come back later and start it up again and get super into it. unsure why im like that lol

The queen valkyrie is a b*tch! Had to drop the difficulty on that one.
there was a difficulty? huh. well that might of been nice to know when it took me like 30 deaths to kill her. but some of the stronger ones were also s**t.

the Ravens were just s**t because of the ones that fly and take timing the axe throw to hit. not hard just annoying

there was a difficulty? huh. well that might of been nice to know when it took me like 30 deaths to kill her. but some of the stronger ones were also sh*t.

the Ravens were just sh*t because of the ones that fly and take timing the axe throw to hit. not hard just annoying
Yeh, I think it was just the 3 levels - Easy, Normal and Hard. I played all the way through on Normal, but that queen I had to drop it to easy. Even then I only just beat her. She probably beat me about 20 times on Normal before I dropped it down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone get the platinum?

Yeah I don't recall any issues with it. I think I ended up turning the difficulty down to get through the valks easier though.

Yeh, I think it was just the 3 levels - Easy, Normal and Hard. I played all the way through on Normal, but that queen I had to drop it to easy. Even then I only just beat her. She probably beat me about 20 times on Normal before I dropped it down.
There are 4 levels. Also a god tier but you can't drop that once you select it. The Valks were very hard but fantastic fights. That last bitch rubbed my face in the dirt far too many times.

It's was the first game I'd platinumed that didn't just hand it to you for finishing the game.

Also got the platinum, and from memory beat all the Valks without turning the difficulty down - agree they were ******* hard. I thought it was a really rewarding plat though, overall. The ravens are a pain in the arse but otherwise a thoroughly enjoyable experience, much like the entire game.

Trying to get the 3 anchors of fog in Niflheim and cannot for the life of my get one!

At least farming the most was pretty quick.

once you learn the patterns its not hard. as long as you can kill the Valkyrie fast. when you upgrade mist resistance you can do both the Valkyrie and troll in one go.

Yeah I was doing full runs last night apart from the valkyrie.

Does the Valkyrie respawn?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back