Rumour Goddard

Remove this Banner Ad

no clubs bar gws and goldcoast would be able to afford him salary wise, as well as properly compensating the saints. he woulld be on 500-600 thousand a season at least. probably wanting in excess of 700 a season. we may be stretched to afford this, as well as having to come up with an appropriate trade? gold coast and gws have very attractive first rounders to offer up the sainters, we have pick 17.. not very attractive. even our compo pick would struggle to match other clubs i believe.

so, we are really not a chance at all :rolleyes:

It would never happen but I am surprised that some people wouldn't want him. I don't like him, but he is a star. If a chance came up to get a player of his calibre you'd be negligent to not as least look into it

It would never happen but I am surprised that some people wouldn't want him. I don't like him, but he is a star. If a chance came up to get a player of his calibre you'd be negligent to not as least look into it
He'd cost the Earth, and lets face it, we're heading for another down period of a couple of years to bebuild, the window has slammed shut.

Would much rather hang onto draft picks than use them on a 26 year old.

Not denying he's a quality player though, but would rather find/develop our own Goddard.

Surprised no one here wants him, good outside runner with great skills. Every other thread we have says we want a player like this. In saying all this there is no chance of him getting here due to what we would need to give up for him and how much he would cost. If he leaves would be very surprised if it is not either Gold Coast or GWS.

Surprised no one here wants him, good outside runner with great skills. Every other thread we have says we want a player like this. In saying all this there is no chance of him getting here due to what we would need to give up for him and how much he would cost. If he leaves would be very surprised if it is not either Gold Coast or GWS.

Everyone wants him, we just don't want to pay for him.

Come on behave yourself, I started a thread on Fev, that was bad enough but Goddard, we've more chance of recruiting Wayne Carey now!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With a new coach and a few older players still on our list I'm not really in the mood for recycled players this season unless they are younger Moles, Djekerra, Barlow, Vesprimi types who are under 24-25

I think you just about have to be in a 2012 Premiership winning position for Goddard

Carlton, West Coast perhaps even Freo with Ross Lyon comes to mind

pie in the sky stuff..

but for conversation sake would anyone consider a straight swap Goddard for Lake?

A bloke who can grab the pill in the backline and deliver it to advantage to the midfielders or fowards, who can go into the midfield and make Watson look like a weaky, who can go forward, take a grab and kick a goal - a 6 ft 2 ruck rover, better than Judd. Grab him if we can.

With a new coach and a few older players still on our list I'm not really in the mood for recycled players this season unless they are younger Moles, Djekerra, Barlow, Vesprimi types who are under 24-25
So you'd rather list cloggers than a star?

What if Lake gets his body right. A fit Lake is hands down the best fullback in the competition. If Lake was fit and St Kilda was in the window they would swap BG in a heartbeat.

Add 'young' to what I have bolded here and you see the problem.

Classic Lake will never return. :(

I'd take a player half the quality of BG for him atm...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back