Goddard2Curnow

Remove this Banner Ad

Now I'm sure crazy SOSsy is already onto this. Carlton sill has one rookie spot open.

Goddard's cool, calm and collected approach to leadership could be just what the budding (Ross likes this) young list needs.

He would be the perfect stop gap for Docherty (who's return was going to elevate Carlton to 9th).

Nothing fires the boys up like a plate of Allen's lollies scattered accross the change rooms.

It really is best for all involved if BJ's illustrious career were to be extended.

Please make this happen Carlolton.

2b44f46e6ac68460205f4af067adf74f

The animosity he displayed when tossing that plate of lollies was more heart than your team showed in the prelim. Maybe he’s a suitable replacement for your backline’s general, snipey Lewis? Old man BJ could beat him in a foot race while hopping on one leg

The animosity he displayed when tossing that plate of lollies was more heart than your team showed in the prelim. Maybe he’s a suitable replacement for your backline’s general, snipey Lewis? Old man BJ could beat him in a foot race while hopping on one leg

Carlton showed a lot of heart when we beat their AFL and VFL teams by a cumulative total of over 200 points in the same week.

More heart than Carlton have shown this millenium

You'd think Goddard would go close to winning their best and fairest. Will see a lot of ball down back in Carlton's defense.
How exciting will it be for Carlton fans to see their young star defenders in Goddard and Simpson streaming out of defense.

You can stick your latest life member right up your arse.

And while you're at it, why not STFU until such time as Essendon can actually beat Carlton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can stick your latest life member right up your arse.

And while you're at it, why not STFU until such time as Essendon can actually beat Carlton.

I don't begrudge our latest life member from taking up a cruisy role in a team where there's no pressure to win games of footy. He might as well earn a quick buck at Carlton.

I do have concern for poor Carlton supporters though. I mean they bill their team as a young team but they only had 3 young guys in their B&F and it wasn't like they weren't getting opportunities in a 2 win team. Then you have guys like Ed Curnow, Simpson, Thomas, Jones, Rowe, Wright and Murphy. Pretty clear that there isn't really much young talent (well they have young guys, but are they any good) on their list. Now signalling their intention to recruit a 34 year old. It does make you wonder if Carlton knows what they are doing.

It now makes sense why Carlton traded out the number 1 pick in 2019. They knew they had a ready made, former no 1 pick just waiting in the wings. Silvagni really is a cunning operator.

Biggest bitch in the AFL joins a club that's been everyone's bitch for nearly two decades :thumbsu:

You don't mind making a dick of yourself by being the one who keeps a not very funny joke based on a desperate quest for material by a hack journalist going on past it's use by date?

It's pretty obvious who's getting Docherty's place on the list, and it aint Goddard.

I doubt that any other Club has ever recruited the reigning Liston and Morrish winners in the same year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back