FTA-TV Gogglebox

Remove this Banner Ad

cwnPOlb.jpg

I get a mental picture of George Costanza pitching the concept to tv execs an then as he walks out in total disbelief turns to Jerry and says, "they actually bought it". I can handle watching Big Brother but this is ridiculous.

I can hear George's trousers rustling as he does this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched an episode on youtube to see what it actually was. I don't mind it. Could even go as far as saying I'll watch it when it starts up here.

Watched an episode on youtube to see what it actually was. I don't mind it. Could even go as far as saying I'll watch it when it starts up here.
Can you explain the premise? How does the show work?

There's obviously more to it than "television watching you watching tv", which would make Big Bogan look exciting. It's a massive hit in the UK, but so far the advertising is doing it's best to convince me that this is must-avoid television, not must-watch tv.

Can you explain the premise? How does the show work?

There's obviously more to it than "television watching you watching tv", which would make Big Bogan look exciting. It's a massive hit in the UK, but so far the advertising is doing it's best to convince me that this is must-avoid television, not must-watch tv.

Basically there are a heap of families that sit on the couch watching the same tv shows. They show clips of the tv show and then the reaction of the families. Some of the people are really annoying and are obviously playing up to the camera but there are some funny people and some actual good discussion over news items and the like.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back