FTA-TV Gogglebox

Aug 17, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Actually the Jackson family is OK when it's just Brittany and her parents. I find the father in the Delpechitra family a bit annoying as i think he acts up for the cameras.

Yeah I've really warmed to the Jacksons in recent seasons, reckon they're good value. Agree with the Delpechitra summation too, the dad seems like he's constantly doing a shtick for the cameras and the rest of the family barely says anything...has there ever been a memorable moment from them (serious question)?

Anastasia and Faye are boring and - unpopular opinion - Keith's mangled pronunciations are getting a bit tiresome. Always enjoyed Mick and Di and the Daltons and I like Matty, Sarah and Jad, especially Matty. Adam and Symon are probably my favourites. Tough act to follow for the newbies, replacing two of the more visible and popular couples. Safe to say, they haven't bowled me over so far, but I took a while with Matty, Sarah and Jad.

Jun 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Jad is a star. New couple ok. Always hard at the beginning before you warm to their idiosyncracies.
been watching a few past series on fox demand.
Im convinced brother and sister of sri lankan family are actually bf and gf.
Some spurious massaging of feet by "sister" to "brother"

Aug 17, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
New couple don't have a dog licking their face, already an improvement.

Not really fussed about that, personally. They were funny and that's all I really care about. Meh, each to their own.

Interesting about the Jackson's and being preggers at sixteen don't think I'd heard that before.

When you look at the mum and the daughter, it was pretty safe to assume that there couldn't have been more than 20 years between them, but wasn't sure the exact age difference.

Mick is great doesn't say much but never wastes a word.

Agreed. It's a skill being that efficient when you have a camera on you. The Richie Benaud of Gogglebox.

treeman

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
No mention of Angie, Yvie and I’m a Celebrity yet but that’ll come.

Interesting to see how the new brother and sister combo are viewed.

As for the ins and outs i would’ve rather they kept Wayne and Tom and shown Mick and Di (snore fest) and or Anastasia and Faye (way to over the top) the door.
Angie and Yvie won't be featured as Foxtel have cracked the shits because they don't like goggle box people becoming real stars.

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

Wayne and Tom tweeted that they weren’t asked to come back
That's odd. Somebody posted earlier in the thread about a radio interview Tom did where he said they'd decided not to come back.

Tom from Gogglebox was interviewed as part of Joy FM Word for Word Podcast
A few tid bits from the interview that may be of interest to some:

Should be their last season of Gogglebox doesn't want to continue

Was a single father to 3 children

Aways knew he was gay but everyone wanted him to be straight.

He had sex for the first time with his best friends sister and she got pregnant so he married her.

She was cheating on him so they split and he got custody of the children.

Bought a block of land in the country. Lived in a caravan with his 3 kids and then built their family home

His parents were 14 and 15 when they had him. He was therefore mainly raised by his grandparents.

His father didn't approve of him being gay but now accepts him.

Hosts breakfast radio for Joyfm

There is a lot more to his story so if you want to listen search word for word joy and it should come up on any podcast app.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Aug 17, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
That's odd. Somebody posted earlier in the thread about a radio interview Tom did where he said they'd decided not to come back.

Yeah, can't imagine they'd be shown the door when they fit a pretty important demographic (it wasn't hard to predict that at least one of the new cast members would be gay) and seemed to be hugely popular with the audience.

Hard to imagine thats correct as well. I would have thought they would have been one of the more popular goggleboxers.

Feb 6, 2013
Locker #5
AFL Club
Carlton
8769afaa41ef0267be4e37786a2772f7.jpg

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Anastasia has become stale. She was hilarious at the state. Her Pro Greek thing every week is far beyond tiresome now. Faye is dumb as dog s**t.

Mick and Di, The Dalton's, The Jacksons (have grown on me a lot), The Silberry's are all good. Delpechitra's are OK, but are a bit boring.

treeman

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
Hard to imagine thats correct as well. I would have thought they would have been one of the more popular goggleboxers.
Maybe they asked for a pay rise and declined hence not being asked back.

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

Back