Going Organic & Vegan

Remove this Banner Ad

You claim to be some polyanna angel who refuses to eat animals on the basis that they're god's creatures but then you eat fish. Like, what the *, you have no basis to be so high and mighty when you can't even live by your own personal "believees"

I don't think animals are equal to humans so therefore have no problem eating meat (as long as it's organic and free range). I'm living by my "believees".

My username is my initials with a "1" at the end as it had to be at least 4 characters. What's it to you?

Not Kentucky Fried Chicken then? When you assume you........................

You claim to be some polyanna angel who refuses to eat animals on the basis that they're god's creatures but then you eat fish. Like, what the ****, you have no basis to be so high and mighty when you can't even live by your own personal "believees"

I don't think animals are equal to humans so therefore have no problem eating meat (as long as it's organic and free range). I'm living by my "believees".

No problem Nicky. To get a conversation up and running you need to push hard to get things going.

Put simply, I see us being remembered as a pretty primitive lot for our current deeds and when history is written my name and yours will come as one.
We're of the same type and I just don't think it's of a very good type. Peace.

Not Kentucky Fried Chicken then? When you assume you........................

No problem Nicky. To get a conversation up and running you need to push hard to get things going.

Put simply, I see us being remembered as a pretty primitive lot for our current deeds and when history is written my name and yours will come as one.
We're of the same type and I just don't think it's of a very good type. Peace.

Are you high? Or am i in the wrong thread? Weren't we talking about eating meat and fish?

What are you on about.

Tu quoque doesn't really cut it as a rebuttal.

That said, it's dumb to pretend it's anything other than a relative argument with somewhat arbitrary distinctions. Personally, I don't see any particular reason to treat animals the same as human beings. I am open to arguments that species displaying clear evidence of a secondary consciousness should be assigned greater protections than other animals. But I find the idea of treating all life equally just because it's life somewhat absurd.

It's a personal point of view. I respect vegans and vegetarians and pescatarians and Episcopalians and anybody else who holds a different point of view. You have to do what accords with your own conscience. But when they get all moral absolutist about it, I kind of tune out.

Tu quoque doesn't really cut it as a rebuttal.

Of course it does. He's high and mighty and telling us we're wrong for eating meat when he eats fish. Why would i ignore that completely relevant point? When his point is that eating animals is wrong and he is accusing us of being bad and wrong for engaging in that activity then I can call him out as being wrong by his own standards (not mine) for eating some animals.

I already said that i disagree with his position that animals are on the same level as humans and i can't into more detail than that. I can't prove my position and i'm not like you or bunsen burner where i enjoy wasting endless days attempting to prove something, that at the end of the day, is just a matter of opinion.

It's totally valid to raise the point that he eats fish when he's judging us and telling us we're wrong for eating other animals. It's not like i'm saying his original premise must be wrong because he eats fish, no, i'm calling him a hypocrite and believe he should be less high and mighty about him doing the right thing and us doing the wrong thing, when he does some of the wrong thing too.

Anyway, you just like talking and arguing s**t for the sake of it... Get a life.

You can call him out for being a hypocrite all you like (although it seems a bit pointless, since he freely acknowledges it). Just saying, it does zero to invalidate his argument.

You can call him out for being a hypocrite all you like (although it seems a bit pointless, since he freely acknowledges it). Just saying, it does zero to invalidate his argument.

You are a snippy little bitch, always interjecting with little snippy and snide remarks. Stop derailing this thread with your pointless commentary on this argument and refrain from conversing with me. I cannot stand anything about your online persona.

Thanks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a few vegan/vego friends, some are just kind of nuts, one is as he is so poor he just kind of adapted to cutting out meat due to cost, and stuck with it.

I dont have any problem with the people that decide to do it for ethical reasons, but its just not for me, I don't really agree with the reasoning. I do try to eat organic, grass fed meat, but thats mainly as I find it tastes so much better, but sometimes the budget means the steaks are out for the week and its some coles chicken. My diet is built around meat, eggs, milk and vegetables. I've had some very nice vegetarian meals, mainly when I had a gf who didnt eat meat so I'd just eat what she made without complaint. The meals I made her were quite a bit worse, struggled to replace meat in most meals, apart from curries.

I used to think that too, but I was wrong.

Who knows, I may even go back to ripping flesh off the bone and gorging on it but I can't get away from the fact that's it just downright wrong.

What about animals that are carnivores or omnivores are they wrong?

What about all those insects that die from chemicals so you can eat your monocropped plant products or the animals that die from eating them?

Are you anti-farming? do you only eat plants that you forage from nature?

One of my brothers was pussy whipped into becoming a vegan by his vegan girlfriend and one of the friends I went to uni with was a vegan because he too was pussy whipped into going vegan by his vegan girlfriend. Both girls are nutcase PETA style animal activists, you do the maths.

Have a cousin who is a vegetarian and I have punted her from my Facebook feed due to her spamming it with 'eating animals is wrong' paraphernalia.

Have another vegetarian friend who gets by her lifestyle fine without being remotely bothered by what others do, and she is a top chick.

Going vegetarian and vegan is fine, but if you're religious you wouldn't want to shove your religion in my face so please don't shove your anti-eating animal paraphernalia in my face too.

I wonder if HARKER realises that animals kill and eat other animals...

Yes, I am superior to a cow. You must have low self-esteem to think otherwise.

This may be the wrong board to discuss the philosophical aspects of our diet so we'll cut it short.

I do though find it hard to understand why the superiority card needs to be pulled out.
There are plenty of humans that would be as superior to you as you are to a cow, but that wouldn't give them the right to butcher and eat you.
But you're human and have rights. Right?

The thing is that we're doing what we do by habit.
If all our memories were wiped would we wake up to thinking?: I really need to kill that being grazing in the field, cook it and then eat it.
Maybe, but I'm not so sure.

Meat is awesome!

Tastes good doesn't it?
No argument at all but if we gave ourselves licence to do anything we wanted just for self-gratification we'd find ourselves living in quite a barbaric world.
Maybe we do regardless.

It's surprising that people can't at least be honest in saying; I know I probably shouldn't be digesting another being but I just can't help it.
That would be closer to the truth than for us to suggest that animals were put here for us to abuse and then consume. Isn't that sort of.......logical?

Ahh, we're natural omnivores. If anything, it would be the concept of mass agriculture that would seem bizarre. I'm not for causing excessive suffering to the animals we eat, but cows wouldn't exist without the selective breeding by humans. They wouldn't be just grazing around for long. If we didn't get them, other creatures would.

Ahh, we're natural omnivores. If anything, it would be the concept of mass agriculture that would seem bizarre. I'm not for causing excessive suffering to the animals we eat, but cows wouldn't exist without the selective breeding by humans. They wouldn't be just grazing around for long. If we didn't get them, other creatures would.

Are we natural omnivores though?

I honestly don't know for sure but I recall a lot of information suggesting that our teeth, and digestive system are that of a herbivore.

It may be a case of push and pull depending which side of the argument one wishes to represent.

• Intestinal tract length. Carnivorous animals have intestinal tracts that are 3-6x their body length, while herbivores have intestinal tracts 10-12x their body length. Human beings have the same intestinal tract ratio as herbivores.
  • Stomach acidity. Carnivores’ stomachs are 20x more acidic than the stomachs of herbivores. Human stomach acidity matches that of herbivores.
  • Saliva. The saliva of carnivores is acidic. The saliva of herbivores is alkaline, which helps pre-digest plant foods. Human saliva is alkaline.
  • Shape of intestines. Carnivore bowels are smooth, shaped like a pipe, so meat passes through quickly — they don’t have bumps or pockets. Herbivore bowels are bumpy and pouch-like with lots of pockets, like a windy mountain road, so plant foods pass through slowly for optimal nutrient absorption. Human bowels have the same characteristics as those of herbivores.
  • Fiber. Carnivores don’t require fiber to help move food through their short and smooth digestive tracts. Herbivores require dietary fiber to move food through their long and bumpy digestive tracts, to prevent the bowels from becoming clogged with rotting food. Humans have the same requirement as herbivores.
  • Cholesterol. Cholesterol is not a problem for a carnivore’s digestive system. A carnivore such as a cat can handle a high-cholesterol diet without negative health consequences. A human cannot. Humans have zero dietary need for cholesterol because our bodies manufacture all we need. Cholesterol is only found in animal foods, never in plant foods. A plant-based diet is by definition cholesterol-free.
  • Claws and teeth. Carnivores have claws, sharp front teeth capable of subduing prey, and no flat molars for chewing. Herbivores have no claws or sharp front teeth capable of subduing prey, but they have flat molars for chewing. Humans have the same characteristics as herbivores.

This post is absolutely spot on.

Are we natural omnivores though?

I honestly don't know for sure but I recall a lot of information suggesting that our teeth, and digestive system are that of a herbivore.

It may be a case of push and pull depending which side of the argument one wishes to represent.

Other studies have also shown that the discovery of the benefits of cooking meat led to an increase in our brain size, and pretty much every development that came after (ie. agriculture and society, probably in that order).

I'm not a massive fan of the way we produce and treat animals, and I don't want to be seen as an apologist for it, but we are really the only species that can feel any empathy towards other species and consciously realise the bigger picture. We should probably use it more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back