tribey

One-Eyed Vaccinated Boys Club Member
Mar 9, 2003
Queen St & Peter Rd
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
NUFC, YES.
Very surprised Dumont hasn't found a home somewhere yet. There would be hundreds of worse players than him still on AFL lists.
Yeah, there’d have to be question marks on the long-term durability of his calf, surely. It’s one thing for North to cut him — which was a surprise in itself — but for no-one else to bite suggests there’s something that’s holding suitors back.

jdeezy

Club Legend
Jul 6, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Either North Melbourne have just proven GC are the biggest ******* rabble in the history of the sport or this is some 4D Chess sh*t to get rid of a medium contact that North fell for. Probably a bit of both.

Reckon we could get Stewie and the list management team to delist Rowell, Lukoscious and Rankine?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Macca19

Jan 14, 2001
Albertr0n
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
MUFC, Orlando Magic
I'm scratching my head as to why North of all clubs would want a 30yo inside midfielder with the host of quality young mids they've got that they should be pumping game time into.

As for GC i'm not sure its a bad thing either. Maybe some slight short term pain but they've got plenty of quality young midfield cover themselves.

Holden Hillbilly

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, St. Pauls Old Scholars
I hope we do not pick up any more free agents as there should be enough potential gems at the end of the draft to go on to our rookie list (2 or 3 new ones).

Andre

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm scratching my head as to why North of all clubs would want a 30yo inside midfielder with the host of quality young mids they've got that they should be pumping game time into.

As for GC i'm not sure its a bad thing either. Maybe some slight short term pain but they've got plenty of quality young midfield cover themselves.
Quality youth could be the clubs nickname. Every year it ensures they start ok, but by round 5 or 6 the youth is tiring and they are easy beats for the rest of the season. They need some older bodies to get their youth lasting a season, so they get some that don't feel so beat up and downtrodden that they want out, repeating the cycle (which they are already up to cycle 5 or 6 of this).

Macca19

Jan 14, 2001
Albertr0n
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
MUFC, Orlando Magic
Quality youth could be the clubs nickname. Every year it ensures they start ok, but by round 5 or 6 the youth is tiring and they are easy beats for the rest of the season. They need some older bodies to get their youth lasting a season, so they get some that don't feel so beat up and downtrodden that they want out, repeating the cycle (which they are already up to cycle 5 or 6 of this).
The older body of Greenwood didnt help them much either.

dirty2

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 6, 2016
Bar Rossa
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal
What numbers are free for next season? Always do enjoy seeing our new guys get there numbers and which ones they get.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad