Strategy Going through the scraps - delisted free agents

Remove this Banner Ad

As a pure depth option, to play in the SANFL as a forward/ruck, I'd try and getMason Cox for a couple years. Though I think Collingwood will keep him.
l could see COX being useful , As long his happy being depth. In the case of Dixion or Lycett went down and the Younger players arnt up to it

Don't really see Constable or Sier being useful. Considering we Play SPP on HFF, Have Mead in soon hopefully, Need Speed and skill to add to the midfield mix

Brander game, against us i thought was great in round 1. as that Wing who can push up forward.

He was delisted from a very young side immediately after the end of his first contract despite playing 5 games this year. If that doesn't tell you how terrible he was in those games ...

I know he was terrible. Still wouldn't mind having a look at him.

Didn't Cox sign a new contract with Collingwood yesterday or was that just speculation I read somewhere?

I'd like to see the genuine Big Texan playing for Ports just for the lols.

Weren't we supposedly interested when they had that US combine a few years ago, but Collingwood lured him away with more $$$ than we could offer?

Weren't we supposedly interested when they had that US combine a few years ago, but Collingwood lured him away with more $$$ than we could offer?

38e3c9bc7a8da65730702add0823d3c4

Ken introduced Cox to our other KPFs Sam Gray and Jake Neade and Cox just couldn't see himself fitting in.

Richmond has delisted Derek Eggmolesse-Smith and Ryan Garthwaite

Gibbons would definitely be another dfa worth looking at. He was dominating vfl as a midfielder but was played out of position by the spuds at carlton. He was still a very handy forward but would add good depth to the midfield. Would be a good swap combination with butters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gibbons would definitely be another dfa worth looking at. He was dominating vfl as a midfielder but was played out of position by the spuds at carlton. He was still a very handy forward but would add good depth to the midfield. Would be a good swap combination with butters.
Not unless Butters got dropped to the SANFL he wouldn't be.

What on earth makes you think that a guy who couldn't get a game as a small forward at goddamn Carlton would get a game ahead of Rozee, Butters, Gray, Fantasia etc?

I saw him walking down Bank St that night with Rohde and Cripps as I was walking to the Mall to meet someone at the March from the Mall. He's a massive unit.

Not unless Butters got dropped to the SANFL he wouldn't be.

What on earth makes you think that a guy who couldn't get a game as a small forward at goddamn Carlton would get a game ahead of Rozee, Butters, Gray, Fantasia etc?

i didn’t say he would be ahead of all them guys. I said he would work well with butters. We had guys like woodcock and Farrell get games and they get like 5 disposals a game andput no pressure on. Fantasia like it or not still gets injured a lot and gray is getting slower each year. He is not going to be able to play a full season. I’d rather gibbons in there before Motlop and after that we don’t really have any small forwards

SANFL midfield 3 before off-season: Mayes, Sutcliffe, Woodcock.

After: Mayes, DFA, Mead (forcing Sutcliffe to half forward).

That’s my hope at least.
Not sure about that Ross.
I have heard from a couple of different people that Mead will be tried as defender next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back