elsler

Premiership Player
Mar 4, 2008
Albertron
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Roll Tide Alabama Crimson Tide
The Bottom Side is the last place you should go looking for delisted players there delisted for a reason

The Bottom Side is the last place you should go looking for delisted players there delisted for a reason
I get the feeling Dumont delisted himself. He's been top 5 in their B&F from 2018-2020 and played every game he was fit for this year, so the problem obviously isn't that Norf don't think he's in their best side.

McKenzie did the same thing at the SUNS and he's turned out okay for us.

EskimoPAFC

The Comebacks & Family Man
Dec 17, 2017
Success without Premierships
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

1634584571986.png

EskimoPAFC

The Comebacks & Family Man
Dec 17, 2017
Success without Premierships
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
i get what your saying but was he wasn't delisted he was traded
Yeah this is correct I guess.

Jarryd Lyons perhaps a better example. De-listed from a 17th placed Gold Coast in 2018. Now a top player in a top 4 team.

I guess my point is that bottom clubs do dumb things or may be looking for different things in terms of position or age profile.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
This doesn't necessarily stack up. Sometimes low teams can be brutal with cuts for a rebuild. Sometimes top teams can have topped their list up with shithouse draft picks for a few years and be cutting them.

It doesn't really matter where a team finishes as to the players ability.

I guess my point is that bottom clubs do dumb things

They are bottom for a reason. Signing Polec to a Godfather deal and then getting rid of their 3 x leading goal kicker for peanuts is a case in point.

Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda
Think SPP is absolutely in the gun. I'd be looking at the player most likely to put pressure on his spot.
Yes Sam needs to come back in tip top shape, or he may even get delisted before the season starts. It's up to him.

DBJ is another who is on shaky ground.
Motlop and Robbie on their last season.
Jonas may call it quits at the end of next year.
Lycett - depends on if his body holds up.

So there's 6 who could well be gone in 12 months time.

So we need to fill most list spots this season and not hold a few, otherwise we may be needing to draft something like 9 or 10 players - and the 2022 Draft class isn't deep enough to do that.

Joshykins

Debutant
Jul 7, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yes Sam needs to come back in tip top shape, or he may even get delisted before the season starts. It's up to him.

So we need to fill most list spots this season and not hold a few, otherwise we may be needing to draft something like 9 or 10 players - and the 2022 Draft class isn't deep enough to do that.

2020 b&f DBJ?

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
i get what your saying but was he wasn't delisted he was traded
That's semantics!

AFL world reacts to North Melbourne's shock call to axe Ben Brown
WRITTEN BYED CHISHOLM

1634602674786.png

The AFL world is reacting to the shock news out of Arden Street that North Melbourne has informed star forward Ben Brown to find a new club in 2021.

The decision to march on the four-time club leading goalkicker was confirmed on Wednesday, with the Roos declaring they will entertain trade offers for Brown this off-season as it continues a significant list overhaul.

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
DELISTED free agents will have two windows and a total of 12 days to move this season ahead of the NAB AFL Draft if they can secure a contract from a new club.

The first delisted free agency period runs for seven days, from November 3 to November 9.

After a list lodgement day on November 10, the second window for delisted free agents will run for five days, from November 11 to November 15.

Players who have been delisted by their clubs have the freedom to join any rival that offers them a contract during these two periods, avoiding the need to enter the NAB AFL Draft.

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Levi Casboult will be selected by Gold Coast in November‘s rookie draft as the club adds more key position depth to its list.
Foxfooty.com.au understands the Suns will commit to the 31-year-old, who played 154 games and kicked 156 goals for Carlton
The only potential roadblock is if a rival club makes a play for Casboult as a delisted free agent in the meantime, though sources said this scenario is highly unlikely

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
I think Dumont on low coin offers some depth. Not a spud by any means and offers some back up to Drew and the midfield. Noting we don’t have a lot coming through the midfield from the SANFL and not sure what pick 12 is going to get us, it’s not a bust if we get him.
Unlikely that pick 12 would play in 2022.

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

How much was it North "cutting" him, and him not being happy with his position & future in the club. I have read a few media report similar to the one below, indicating he was not happy with the way Noble was playing him, and his role going forward. I suspect he was hoping to be picked up by a club last week, but wouldn't be surprised if Port or some other club told him they would pick him up in the Delisted/Free agent window.

Trent Dumont more likely to leave....
AFL Trade Whispers

North Melbourne midfielder-turned-winger Trent Dumont appears more likely to exercise his free agency rights, reports the Herald Sun. After a delayed start to his 2021 campaign, Dumont played in all of the Kangaroos’ final 14 games of the year.

He averaged career-low tackles, clearances and contested possessions, as well as 17.9 disposals — his lowest since 2016 — after being moved from an inside midfield role to a wing. While the unrestricted free agent has yet to declare his footy future preference, the Herald Sun reported on Wednesday night Dumont was “leaning towards leaving” North.

davesnothere

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Unlikely that pick 12 would play in 2022.

Think any one of half a dozen could be ready to go with a preseason? Our history is we will play them if they are good enough. Zak / Rozee / Duursma / Ollie /SPP. I'd be disappointed if we pick a player we don't think can line up round one.

wayb2912

Club Legend
Nov 30, 2009
Port Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Magpies

I think Robbie is the only one in that list that will retire and Motlop will probably be delisted

On ELS-AN10 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back