Strategy Going through the scraps - delisted free agents

Very surprised Dumont hasn't found a home somewhere yet. There would be hundreds of worse players than him still on AFL lists.

Yeah, there’d have to be question marks on the long-term durability of his calf, surely. It’s one thing for North to cut him — which was a surprise in itself — but for no-one else to bite suggests there’s something that’s holding suitors back.

Either North Melbourne have just proven GC are the biggest ******* rabble in the history of the sport or this is some 4D Chess s**t to get rid of a medium contact that North fell for. Probably a bit of both.

Reckon we could get Stewie and the list management team to delist Rowell, Lukoscious and Rankine?

Theres nothing to say about the Suns except that they need to fold (a long time ago). Its never going to work
In theory maybe it could have worked, but they've been actively self-sabotaging themselves with their appalling list management from the get go.

I'm scratching my head as to why North of all clubs would want a 30yo inside midfielder with the host of quality young mids they've got that they should be pumping game time into.

As for GC i'm not sure its a bad thing either. Maybe some slight short term pain but they've got plenty of quality young midfield cover themselves.

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm scratching my head as to why North of all clubs would want a 30yo inside midfielder with the host of quality young mids they've got that they should be pumping game time into.

As for GC i'm not sure its a bad thing either. Maybe some slight short term pain but they've got plenty of quality young midfield cover themselves.
Quality youth could be the clubs nickname. Every year it ensures they start ok, but by round 5 or 6 the youth is tiring and they are easy beats for the rest of the season. They need some older bodies to get their youth lasting a season, so they get some that don't feel so beat up and downtrodden that they want out, repeating the cycle (which they are already up to cycle 5 or 6 of this).

Quality youth could be the clubs nickname. Every year it ensures they start ok, but by round 5 or 6 the youth is tiring and they are easy beats for the rest of the season. They need some older bodies to get their youth lasting a season, so they get some that don't feel so beat up and downtrodden that they want out, repeating the cycle (which they are already up to cycle 5 or 6 of this).

The older body of Greenwood didnt help them much either.

Back