Resource Going to Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Best I can see available right now is L3 35 row E, the map makes it look like I could have a reasonable debate about whether I'd still be within the City of Melbourne

You'll be shocked at how good the view is. You're right on top of the action there. Its not like the mcg. The levels are built very much on top of each other so you won't feel like you're a long way back. I've literally sat in L3 35 Row D before and loved it. Your call though.

I've never been to the MCG, and now only the back row of the top deck has 4 seats in it.

I can say that I've watched cricket from the top decks of Adelaide Oval, and while that works for cricket I wouldn't want to watch football up there, way too far away from the action. Even sitting down the front of the top deck in the cricket members for the game against GCFC was a dull affair, so quiet and disinterested, people in front of me standing up and having a kiss and a cuddle in greeting while the bloody game was on.

I suppose I'll just have to buy it and hope we can move somewhere else

I've always enjoyed the top level at Etihad, its a different view of the game and its interesting to be able to take in most of the field at once, looking at the way players are setting up and ball movement. Not sure it would be my first choice every round but I'm always happy to sit there.

Not a big fan of this release bay by bay thing though, jumped online the minute tickets for our Bulldogs game went on sale hoping to get the best possible seat but only had a choice of one bay on each level.

Just tried to buy online. Such bullshit! only a couple of level1 (ground) bays available for sale. Tried to choose seats by clicking on the dots, but nothing happens. After re-entering the site, it says there's no current events at this stadium. WTF **** I hate ticketmaster!

I want to talk to someone on the phone and ask them where the Crows bays are…or at least which end the Crows cheer squad will be. I've fallen into the trap of going in blind against Collingwood before and it wasn't pretty. I'm going to call the club tomorrow and see if they have any advice. Previous calls for advice on getting tickets in Crows areas have been futile though.

seriously the best banter i've had with opposition supporters have been at Collingwood games..

love getting amongst opposition supporters with my Crows jumper on...

live a little.... Adelaide Oval is the time to surround yourself with Crows supporters...

There are NO fully ticketed games at the MCG or Etihad this year, except for the Anzac Day games.

• No fully reserved seat matches at the MCG or Etihad Stadium (except Anzac Day) across the 2015 Premiership season

Got my tickets for this game yesterday.

Sitting down the Lockett end.

Round 1 this weekend, Collingwood in Melbourne after that and then round 3 at the AO.

3 big wins coming up.

seriously the best banter i've had with opposition supporters have been at Collingwood games..

live a little.... Adelaide Oval is the time to surround yourself with Crows supporters...
agree - banter at collingwood games is good fun

richmond are the worst IMO - terrible winners

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess it depends on where you are on the day. The Collingwood supporters around us were truly vile, (not a one off either of Collingwood games I've attended in Melbourne) and I usually have a fun interactive time with the best/worst of opposition supporters and have for many many years.

Maybe it would help if I didn't wave a tube of tooth paste in their faces telling them "you should have brushed":)

This thread got me worried so I have just purchased 5 GA tickets. Level 3 but will either be standing on ground level or with the CSG :thumbsu:

Collingwood, Essendon and Hawthorn at the dome are the only games I worry about pre purchasing tickets for.

Any game at the MCG is never a worry.

Therefore, as I said before i got my tickets as i was a bit worried.

So I'm apparently travelling to watch the Crows play for the first time, round 2 against Collingwood at the G Etihad.

My question is where is the best place to get GA tickets, ie what end? And is it really as close to sold out as Ticketmaster says it is or do they have unreleased tickets?
I would suggest you book your tickets. Collingwood at Ethiad is a nightmare as an opposition supporter. It will be their first game in Melbourne for this season and they have a large if not the largest number of supporters who have season reserved seats. This game will be a sell out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back