Travel Going to Fremantle vs Adelaide Round 12. Places to go/see in Perth?

Remove this Banner Ad

After a similar thread about a poster going to Adelaide for a game, I thought I'd be cheeky and post a similar thread about Perth.

Heading over to see the new stadium in Round 12, for Freo vs Crows. Besides the footy, what is there to see and do in Perth while I'm there for 5 days?

Rottnest Island

Share a jug with perthblue so he's not a looser (sic).

Round 12 is the second week of June so not really beach weather for someone coming from Adelaide which has the same climate. Rottnest is perdy but is freezing in Winter.

What are the 5 days? Thursday to Monday? Game is on the Sunday. I'd probably get a car and explore outside the city the first two days then stay somewhere at Crown for the Saturday/Sunday. Wouldn't be cheap but just say you are from SA and someone will subsidise it for you. :)

After a similar thread about a poster going to Adelaide for a game, I thought I'd be cheeky and post a similar thread about Perth.

Heading over to see the new stadium in Round 12, for Freo vs Crows. Besides the footy, what is there to see and do in Perth while I'm there for 5 days?
Not sure if Perth is the ice capital or Adelaide.
Either way,you're only going for 5 days,stay awake and don't miss a thing.

Share a jug with perthblue so he's not a looser (sic).

Round 12 is the second week of June so not really beach weather for someone coming from Adelaide which has the same climate. Rottnest is perdy but is freezing in Winter.

What are the 5 days? Thursday to Monday? Game is on the Sunday. I'd probably get a car and explore outside the city the first two days then stay somewhere at Crown for the Saturday/Sunday. Wouldn't be cheap but just say you are from SA and someone will subsidise it for you. :)
Hahaha!

Yeah Thursday to Monday. I guess cancel out Thursday and Monday for travel, Sunday for Football, only really leaves two days to do stuff. So you reckon a car and exploring out the city is the way to go?

Hahaha!

Yeah Thursday to Monday. I guess cancel out Thursday and Monday for travel, Sunday for Football, only really leaves two days to do stuff. So you reckon a car and exploring out the city is the way to go?

Art Gallery is pretty cool.

You should check out Kings Park at night- you can see the whole city, all lit up if its a clear night

Plenty of new bars have popped up.

Fish and chips at freo is pretty good- train ride there and back is relatively effective.

If you are feeling suitably enthused- drive down to Margaret River which is about a 4 hr drive, good wineries and some pretty good things to see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hahaha!

Depends what times you fly in and out and what you are into. I wouldn't bother driving all the way to Margaret River or something for an overnighter.

You came in winter. Oooph.

Come to Freo on the weekend, but make sure you have the regulatory kit: thongs, baggy jeans or shorts, a Holden racing or West Coast Eagles polo, and sunglasses on the back of your fatty wrinkled chrome dome. The picturesque pub crawl of the Newport Hotel and onto the Sail & Anchor is an essential pilgrimage too, just make sure it's commenced before about 3pm. Bringing shithead kids? See them listen to some talentless busker who confuses talking loud for humour!

Don't come during the week though or past Parry Street. That's 4 me.

Pop over to Scarborough on a Saturday night they have some nice bars there now, hire a car and drive the coast from Fremantle to Mullaloo it is probably the best drive in any city in Aus. Leederville & Fremantle are nice areas to visit, the cbd is very overrated but has some nice spots. Check out the Crown complex they have some great places to get a drink before and after the footy at a decent price.

I don't think anyone rates the CBD. In fact most people call it 'Perth.' It's never been a lively city proper. Blame them taking out the trams in the 50s.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back