Official Team Thread Gold City Royals Season 26 - No matter our position on the ladder, you're all beneath us.

Remove this Banner Ad

upload_2018-10-7_22-36-2.png

Great to get back in the winners circle. Fantastic to get a win first up in miggs and big_j 's debut for the Royals. grumbleguts has once again done well to pick up 25 disposals for the game and be our leading ball winner after successfully moving up the ground to the wing. RodneyDangerfield is now relishing the role of tagger landing 10 crunching tackles on the Dragons captain Blaze Storm forcing them to move him to the back pocket at one point to break the tag, also got on the scoreboard with a booming 55m goal to halt the Dragons momentum which is a rare feat for Rodney. But the man of the moment is clearly Thatsapaddlin this week, often being at the bottom of the packs feeding the ball out of congestion before moving to full forward to seal the game for us.

We're currently in 9th spot and play the bottom placed Bombers next. Last time we played we kept them to just 16 points in Round 1, let's up our defensive game and keep them to even less.

Currently second best defense in the league

We have won 9 out 11 fourth quarters this season

However, we have also lost 6 of the last 7 third quarters
Massive percentage booster this week if we keep them to under 16 points. What's with the third quarter losses? Could it be that the coach said "I don't want any more third quarter losses, a d we all thought he said lasses and thought "bugger that!" or is it something deeper. hmm... these are the questions we need answers to.

If you have a milestone coming up and I don't know about it, you won't get one of these ace banners made.

View attachment 565128

I have this coming up.

rcc-concrete-milestone-250x250.jpg

upload_2018-10-23_23-31-40.png

YAY ANOTHER LOSS

The more things change, the more they stay the same unfortunately. If I'm not mistaken this has to be RodneyDangerfield's career best game or something leading the team with 28 disposals. grumbleguts moved into the centre and managed to kick his first goal which was a highlight. But seemingly becoming a theme this season is another disasterous third quarter put the game out of reach. miggs and Dennis Confetti both kicked 3 goals for the season, both hitting the scoreboard for the first time this season. It was a fairly unconventional forward line with Blacky getting moved out early on.

The only positive out of this week is that we can no longer drop further down the ladder because we're on the bottom. Four rounds to go, we're 2 games out of the 8. That'll become 3 if we lose this week so it's must win against the Roys.

View attachment 577849

YAY ANOTHER LOSS

The more things change, the more they stay the same unfortunately. If I'm not mistaken this has to be RodneyDangerfield's career best game or something leading the team with 28 disposals. grumbleguts moved into the centre and managed to kick his first goal which was a highlight. But seemingly becoming a theme this season is another disasterous third quarter put the game out of reach. miggs and Dennis Confetti both kicked 3 goals for the season, both hitting the scoreboard for the first time this season. It was a fairly unconventional forward line with Blacky getting moved out early on.

The only positive out of this week is that we can no longer drop further down the ladder because we're on the bottom. Four rounds to go, we're 2 games out of the 8. That'll become 3 if we lose this week so it's must win against the Roys.
On another note, I am currently top of the league in terms of marks per game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On another note, I am currently top of the league in terms of marks per game.
Wonder if that form will translate in the forward line? We need to find a way to kick a winning score and we could use a few marks inside 50

Field of Dreams
Dream of fields.

I was once standing in a field. A farmer came and asked me what I was doing.
I said I was winning a Nobel prize. He asked me how.
I said that they told me I had to be outstanding in my field.
He said "This is my field piss off!"

Last edited:
upload_2018-10-29_2-43-50.png

Massive stakes in this week's game and unfortunately we didn't take our chances.

In rainy conditions both teams started fast kicking 5 goals in the first term but scoring dried up after that. GreyCrow , 3121 premiers and Thatsapaddlin all managed 20 disposals and big_j kicked the first goal of his career after moving to the forward pocket. We had more chances but kicked 2.7 to 5.1 in the middle quarters which was ultimately the difference.

Right now we are the lowest scoring team in the competition. Our percentage is looking alright mainly due to having the third best defence in the league. We are now two games clear on the bottom of the ladder and are only a mathematical chance of making finals now - no margin for error. If we're going to win all three remaining games I think we'd need a huge shakeup in the forward line and Blacky bouncing back to form.

Good to see that despite another miserly season in terms of onfield results we've got a healthy number of contributors in the match thread led by grumbleguts GreyCrow with 3121 premiers Thatsapaddlin CakeEater and MrPremiership all keeping up consistent contributions.

We'll win our last three and everyone around us will lose and the premiership is ours.
*poster may awake without warning.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back