Official Team Thread Gold City Royals Season 26 - No matter our position on the ladder, you're all beneath us.

Remove this Banner Ad

upload_2018-11-5_18-58-59.png

Well now finals are officially a mathematical impossibility.

The Furies were ridiculously accurate kicking 19 goals 2 behinds while we could hit the side of a barn. We had 6 more scoring shots and yet lost by 29. GreyCrow very good in the ruck, 3121 premiers 11 tackles and 25 disposals is immense moving into the stoppages, Footypie32 20 disposals 10 marks and a goal was also impressive while MrPremiership and grumbleguts combined well in the middle.

Still a lot at stake for the rest of the season despite not being able to make finals. We play the Bears next round and we can cost them a top 4 spot with a win. There's also still a remote chance of handing off the wooden spoon to the Dragons if we were to win our two remaining games and they lose their two remaining games.

upload_2018-11-13_0-28-39.png

Round 16 stats up, nice to get a win over the bears. Thatsapaddlin absolutely inspirational being the leading disposal winner and kicking 3 goals from the midfield, absolute beast in the wet. Ulahoopski played a brilliant game as well with his 18 disposals and 3 goals. Last game of the season, we can still avoid the wooden spoon if we win and the Dragons lose, or if we win and the Hawks lose + we close the percentage gap on them. Gumbies edged us in a close one last time, let's get em back and finish the season on a high Royals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

579969_8a64625cd5595eaf9166cf0b6fd90908.jpg

Official Team Sheet
Round 17 v Fighting Gumbies

B: Dennis Confetti - RodneyDangerfield - Footypie32
HB: burningdwarf - Cloud_ - Smartys Power
C: CakeEater - grumbleguts - MrPremiership
HF: miggs - SunshineTiger - Ulahoopski
F: Bipolarbear - Blacky - big_j
R: GreyCrow - 3121 premiers - Thatsapaddlin
INT: Helfarch - MWPP

Changes

NTRabbit INT > OUT
Helfarch OUT > INT

I was going to post this in the match thread, but numerous unrelated parties are seemingly triggered by the low post count in there. Which I find humorous and therefore would like to continue. Fryer Tuck feel free to invite your team to partake in optional banter here. :thumbsu:

579969_8a64625cd5595eaf9166cf0b6fd90908.jpg

Official Team Sheet
Round 17 v Fighting Gumbies

B: Dennis Confetti - RodneyDangerfield - Footypie32
HB: burningdwarf - Cloud_ - Smartys Power
C: CakeEater - grumbleguts - MrPremiership
HF: miggs - SunshineTiger - Ulahoopski
F: Bipolarbear - Blacky - big_j
R: GreyCrow - 3121 premiers - Thatsapaddlin
INT: Helfarch - MWPP

Changes

NTRabbit INT > OUT
Helfarch OUT > INT

I was going to post this in the match thread, but numerous unrelated parties are seemingly triggered by the low post count in there. Which I find humorous and therefore would like to continue. Fryer Tuck feel free to invite your team to partake in optional banter here. :thumbsu:

All this ruck rover caper is ruining my All SFA wing spot.

I’m going to send some tip rat to the gallows.

Hello friends do you need any philosophical insights over here?

Actually, it occurs to me that this trailer is probably only any good if you've already watched the film. But the film is good!

upload_2018-11-24_2-29-43.png

Hey everyone, sorry for the delay but here are here are our final stats for Season 26. In what ended up being a dead rubber that could have any major impact on the ladder we were bested by the Gumbies. We managed to draw level twice late in the last quarter through goals to Blacky and Bipolarbear and even take the lead with a grumbleguts behind but the Gumbies kicked two goals in the final two minutes to end up victors. 3121 premiers and Grumbleguts fought hard through the midfield and Ulahoopski was very dangerous with 20 disposals and 2.4

It's our second wooden spoon in our club's 10 season history. But despite that I'm happy with the contributions and engagement we had over the course of this season and I think we've unearthed some talent that will put us in good stead going into the next season. Thanks for your involvement guys, we'll be looking to make an announcement on the best and fairest in due time.

Thanks for doing the stats this season Cloud_ you legend.

I'll leave this here and not wait until our presentation

As this was my first season back at the Royals since Season 16 I thought we would be in trouble due to the way the Royals have been travelling for most of their history.
I have been pleasantly surprised with how this season has turned out for us.

We picked up some great new players who have been a massive plus for us and have added so much to the Royals and have only gotten better with every game, and then we have some of our Senior listers who also added some quality along the way and helped balance out the club nicely.

So far we lose Footypie32 for next season but with everyone's help we could add another few rookies to add to the Royals and hopefully establish ourselves in the Finals for the forseeable future.

Huzzah Royals.
Huzzah

Gold City Royals Best and Fairest awards night will be held on Wednesday 5th @ 5.56 pm King Dom Plaza, the club will supply snacks and assorted non alcoholic beverages due to it's sponsorship with the UAE we can't have grog........ yeah I know.
Also that means your partners, if they are women must cover their heads and sit in a separate room to the men.

Awards given out on the night will include the Easty (b+f), The Underscore (goal kicker), Captains Award and some others that we have to by law.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back