Gold Coast - 2 First Rounders + Player for Fyfe

Remove this Banner Ad

What happens if we turn this type of deal down and he ends up having an injury plagued career with both his leg and shoulder and never reaches the same heights he did in 2015?

What if he doesn't and we've just traded the best player in the comp for some magic beans?

This get turned by hack media into a headline "Fyfe considering options!!!"
Then it gets turned into Fyfe not happy at fremantle.
Fyfe and team mates don't get along.
Gold coast to make big play for fyfe.

Its just hacks in the media trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. There have been rumours of this type about Fyfe since the middle of last season.

What if he doesn't and we've just traded the best player in the comp for some magic beans?

And how do you suppose that we gain the currency to fix up the major issues with Freo's decaying spine given that Pav, Sandi, Griffin & Jonno are on their way out and Clarke & Hannath are just useless?

Magic beans???

If the deals right, the currency for trading Fyfe could likley set up our ruck (i.e Lobb) and forward (i.e Hogan) deficiencies for the next 10 years!

We then could use subsequent drafts to help us build upon our midfield already comprising of Neale, Mundy, Bennell, Hill, Weller, Walters, Blakely etc.

(I'm not even going to acknowlege D Pearce in our starting midfield, as his name weakens my argument)!

Don't forget the fortune Gold Coast would be paying him per year that will cripple their salary cap. They have over $1,200,000 held over to keep Prestia and O'Meara that they won't have need for.

The risk for us is if Fyfe's manager approaches Freo and says: "GCS are offering $1.6m a year for 8, we expect you to match that."

Fyfe represents massive marketability for any club he is at, especially so for a club that has watched it's little brother overtake it into finals contention while they struggle in a non-football state. That means AFL ambassador payments, Kieran Jack's is $500,000 a season.

Fyfe could be sitting on $2,000,000 a season from the AFL and GCS, it would cost him a fortune to stay in WA if that was on the table.

All the teams at the bottom of the ladder, full of young players will have twice the cash to throw at Fyfe than we do. The question is: How much should be pay before it is too much and the figure puts the brakes on the squad achieving success?

Don't forget the fortune Gold Coast would be paying him per year that will cripple their salary cap. They have over $1,200,000 held over to keep Prestia and O'Meara that they won't have need for.

The risk for us is if Fyfe's manager approaches Freo and says: "GCS are offering $1.6m a year for 8, we expect you to match that."

Fyfe represents massive marketability for any club he is at, especially so for a club that has watched it's little brother overtake it into finals contention while they struggle in a non-football state. That means AFL ambassador payments, Kieran Jack's is $500,000 a season.

Fyfe could be sitting on $2,000,000 a season from the AFL and GCS, it would cost him a fortune to stay in WA if that was on the table.

All the teams at the bottom of the ladder, full of young players will have twice the cash to throw at Fyfe than we do. The question is: How much should be pay before it is too much and the figure puts the brakes on the squad achieving success?
And when do we make the decision? Now, when we have more leverage, or next year when his FA kicks in?

And how do you suppose that we gain the currency to fix up the major issues with Freo's decaying spine given that Pav, Sandi, Griffin & Jonno are on their way out and Clarke & Hannath are just useless?

What we don't do is s**t the bed and trade the best player we have unless he expresses a desire to leave.

We are patient and build the list.

fyfe is 24. He is not 28 and on the way down

And when do we make the decision? Now, when we have more leverage, or next year when his FA kicks in?
If we are going to lose him for more money than we can afford and that club will cough up a really good deal in trade this season then it would be a win all around.

Pick #4, Pick #6, Pick #20 + David Swallow/Jack Martin

That could set us up like the 2004 draft for Hawthorn: Roughhead, Franklin, Lewis with #2, #5 and #7.

The two best available mids in the draft, either English or Rotham then Bolton plus Jack Martin.

That would be before any pick upgrades we could make from Free Agency compensation picks bundled for points to academy clubs. We could have five picks inside the top 20.

If we are going for full rebuild, that would be the foundation year.

I wouldn't trade Fyfe for the whole Gold Coast team.
So even if Gold Coast offered Lynch, May, Swallow, O'Meara, and Martin you'd say no? I thought Freo's list manager was putrid, but looks like you're even worse than that.

So even if Gold Coast offered Lynch, May, Swallow, O'Meara, and Martin you'd say no? I thought Freo's list manager was putrid, but looks like you're even worse than that.

You are an absolute idiot. You may find it was a figure of speech. What I meant in a literal sense was we should not trade Fyfe under any circumstances.

Would u!?if not going to happen no poimt talking about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keep it in your pouch over here, your club is losing enough top five picked mids (value) to watch how hard you pat yourselves on the back about list management.

What we don't do is s**t the bed and trade the best player we have unless he expresses a desire to leave.

We are patient and build the list.

fyfe is 24. He is not 28 and on the way down

Okay so we are patient and continue to build the list by recruiting more Tanner Smiths, Zac Clarkes and Sean Hurleys...

It's worked for us thus far...

Shouldn't have let it get this far really. Bad management, and mischievous of the great man to let it get stirred so much !!

Another media beat up bites the dust. Is there a person anywhere who now does not realise most media hacks are so full of s**t that it just oozes out of any available orifice from time to time.

Even I am not a fan of tanner smith, what wrong with tanner smith.dont like his recent hair cut fooled you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back