C'wealth Gold Coast 2018 - who's going

Remove this Banner Ad

The Gold Coast is somewhere I steer clear of at the best of times, let alone when it's full of extra visitors.

Beware those travelling here for the comm games. Traffic is a s**t show at the best of times. This will be the worst of times.

Looks like ticket sales are quite strong - all the beach volleyball, cycling, diving, gymnastics, netball and swimming sessions are sold out. Table Tennis is on the verge of selling out too. Surprisingly the track and field still has plenty of tickets available, especially for the 100m mens final.

A 'Fan Marketplace' has been set up by GOLDOC where anyone who's bought tickets but can't use them. Unlike other resale sites, you can only sell your ticket for face value, and if it sells, your ticket is cancelled and a new ticket issued for the new purchaser. Only thing is it won't let you leave a single seat, so if two seats are on sale, you can't buy 1 ticket and leave 1 on the marketplace (but you can buy the two and put 1 straight back on the marketplace, go figure).

https://fanmarketplace.gc2018.com

Thankfully I haven't heard anything about the NGR being ordered off the tracks, so it looks like the plan for the trains is full steam (or panto) ahead.

The trains and G:Link should be fine, barring breakdowns (that includes lightning strikes as per below clip). Keeping private cars out of the Games Lanes will be the biggest test, as will people heeding the advice to get to events early. Commuting from Brisbane, I plan to get there even earlier than they suggest to allow for any glitches, especially on days 1 and 2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back