Club Focus Gold Coast 2020 - Atkins, Markov, Hollands

AFL Club Focus

Do they still need the pick 19 priority pick in 2021?

• Yes

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • No

Votes: 37 84.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Gold Coast club focus thread
The clubs do not get the final say whether the AFL awards a team a PP or not. They take their views under advisement, but the Crows publicly admitting they are considering trading away the pick they got from Carlton hardly makes The Crows case strong for a no to GC getting a PP.

What?
Doesnt change the argument at all.

We have the pick and we can do whatever we want with it.

without having to regurgitate the interviews, yes PP's very much affect live pick trading. Clubs do predictive models that they base their drafting and trading on and these become redundant when outside influence changes things
Priority Picks aren’t the only thing that changes the live pick trading it’s no different then free agency compensation.
The afl can manipulate those picks however they see fit

Priority Picks aren’t the only thing that changes the live pick trading it’s no different then free agency compensation.
The afl can manipulate those picks however they see fit
The whole point is the AFL themselves set up live pick trading and made a massive deal about it. If the very moment clubs start to make bold plays and then the AFL comes in and pulls the rug from under their feet - goodbye clubs thinking about trying to trade up to the pointy end of the draft. You guys this year will in all likelihood be the victims of live trading on that front. Had the AFL not brought it in, there was probably (EDIT less barriers in the way) for a PP - but not now

Dont forget how Carlton petitioned the AFL for one only a couple of years ago. They got nuffin

The Blues are a big 4 Vic club. 150yrs old. Established. Maybe it was thought the draw of a big club would enable it to eventually fix itself? And this year they might just do that if they land Coniglio, Martin, Ellis & co.

The Suns have been in the AFL senior comp for 9yrs, desperately trying to establish themselves in a non-AFL state. Zero drawing power to fix itself until the club moves up the ladder.

A P.P. is just one of the compensations for this year. I’m sure there will be others of varying degrees.

Sounds to me like you are super-well connected (like so many on BF :think:) and you might just be hearing things that are not quite there.
I just listen to the people who are in the industry and what they say (and have posted it previously). As I say, lots of wishing from GC end and sure they have applied for a PP but there is documented evidence the clubs are not happy and they have evidence of the damage to their work awarding a PP front ended will do. Tuesday is the day the GC suns and AFL commission meet so we should know more then

I just listen to the people who are in the industry and what they say (and have posted it previously). As I say, lots of wishing from GC end and sure they have applied for a PP but there is documented evidence the clubs are not happy and they have evidence of the damage to their work awarding a PP front ended will do. Tuesday is the day the GC suns and AFL commission meet so we should know more then
Please provide some evidence of what you are saying.
Two coaches have said the complete opposite of what you have claimed and done so live on AFL360 and multiple radio interviews.

The clubs do not get the final say whether the AFL awards a team a PP or not. They take their views under advisement, but the Crows publicly admitting they are considering trading away the pick they got from Carlton hardly makes The Crows case strong for a no to GC getting a PP.
The pick they want to trade loses value so yeah it still does

Please provide some evidence of what you are saying.
Two coaches have said the complete opposite of what you have claimed and done so live on AFL360 and multiple radio interviews.

there it is and with links to the people making the comments

now please provide your evidence as I have not see one thing that goes against what I have been saying

(Log in to remove this ad.)

there it is and with links to the people making the comments

now please provide your evidence as I have not see one thing that goes against what I have been saying
Haha, you just provided 'evidence' that Adelaide and Melbourne are unhappy. That's kind of hilarious when you had said, "....and the other clubs recruitment and list management people and many in the AFL industry."

Haha, you just provided 'evidence' that Adelaide and Melbourne are unhappy. That's kind of hilarious when you had said, "....and the other clubs recruitment and list management people and many in the AFL industry."
what sort of muppet are you - that is coming from the clubs..if you can't provide anything of substance to counter i other than wishing for a PP

'Rival clubs are not happy with the idea, with some suggesting the league deciding to give out picks just months ahead of the draft compromises their ability to plan years in advance '

Barrett talks about a pp - and an ex ALF club Chairman Brayshaw is filthy

I could keep on going but hey, I have provided enough,..you can put up of shut up

Where is the noise from the other clubs? I'm just hearing a god-awful screeching sound from Adelaide (and Simon Goodwin).

Well theres 2 and you havent even tried
Every club with a pick in the top 10 will be pushing the AFL not to allow it.

haha he’s got nothing.
All the noise is coming from the crows because all they can see is their own club slowly imploding

what sort of muppet are you - that is coming from the clubs..if you can't provide anything of substance to counter i other than wishing for a PP

'Rival clubs are not happy with the idea, with some suggesting the league deciding to give out picks just months ahead of the draft compromises their ability to plan years in advance '

Barrett talks about a pp - and an ex ALF club Chairman Brayshaw is filthy

I could keep on going but hey, I have provided enough,..you can put up of shut up
I know enough to know when the word 'muppet' comes out, I've pretty much got you. I conceded that Adelaide and Melbourne's inbecile coach were making noise. You've gone and added Watson, Barrett and Brayshaw and 'Rival clubs are not happy with the idea...' from an unverified, unsourced report, and strangely enough, no names.

Wow, I concede. That's most of the AFL's highest-regarded, and completely accepted sources of truth. I'll meekly step back and accept you as a superior hearer of noise :drunk: I'm sure you didn't imply a broader, on-record selection of the AFL community when you said, "....and the other clubs recruitment and list management people and many in the AFL industry."

I know enough to know when the word 'muppet' comes out, I've pretty much got you. I conceded that Adelaide and Melbourne's inbecile coach were making noise. You've gone and added Watson, Barrett and Brayshaw and 'Rival clubs are not happy with the idea...' from an unverified, unsourced report, and strangely enough, no names.

Wow, I concede. That's most of the AFL's highest-regarded, and completely accepted sources of truth. I'll meekly step back and accept you as a superior hearer of noise :drunk: I'm sure you didn't imply a broader, on-record selection of the AFL community when you said, "....and the other clubs recruitment and list management people and many in the AFL industry."
Muppet

As it does for free agency comp and father and son pick-ups. What's the biggie?

Those things already pose several problems to the integrity to draft, but at least they are pre-existing elements of the draft, something clubs can prepare for.
PP’s is the AFL directly manipulating the draft, and this comes after they basically said that 1st rd PP’s we’re going to be a thing of the past.

You can disregard the noise of the established AFL clubs all you like but I'm sure the AFL isn't.

But will the AFL ignore the fact we have continually had to overpay players to recommit to a club stuck in the bottom 4 it’s entire existence.

It’s not sustainable and they know it.

Thus the AFL installed their man Mark Evans.

Evans then booted the old footy department hierarchy and appointed a new hierarchy and initiated a massive salary dump last trades period.

We are in year 2 of reset mode, the AFL will continue to work with us. This years draft, combined with last years draft are crucial. I think Gil will make things happen.

We needs guys like Rankine & Lukosius to stay because they believe, not because we will pay them maybe 30-40% more than other clubs. And adding another 2-3 high quality kids around them will help this.

As will bringing in experienced players/ex-players on and off the field like Roughead, Burgoyne, Betts, etc they can look up to and turn to for leadership.

But you won 3 games.
1 more than Carlton in 2018 who werent given a pick.
and with some more luck, they might have had 5 or 6 wins on the board before injury ruined their season. They have lots of kids meaning they lack depth. With a heap of 1st round talent already on their list - the very point GHil made last year in not awarding a PP, they will be fine - just need to get the right structures in place behind the scenes and get that footy department firing and reduce injuries. If they only had faith in their own list it has potential to go places

Back