Gold Coast are struggling in 2019, should they get a priority pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

WillieNillie

All Australian
Mar 31, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
So a extremely early best 22 prediction has Gold Cast looking like

FB: Rischitelli, Thompson, Joyce
HB: Bowes, Day, Harbrow
C: Martin, Swallow, Weller
HF: Ballard, King, Sexton
FF: Young, Wright, Ah Chee
R: Witts, Fiorini, Miller
I/C: Lyons, Scheer, Rankine, Crossley

They are likely to have. 1st gamer somewhere in the spine, no marking defender, the slowest midfield in recent history, a forward line with only one forward whose kicked 20+'goals in one season whose a Port Power reject.

This list also is literally never going to cover the minimum salary cap either unless some massive front loading is going on in contracts. I think that 22 is at the level where the AFL need to investigate options to fix it sooner rather then later, because in my eyes thst is a 0-22 team on paper

They are likely to have. 1st gamer somewhere in the spine, no marking defender, the slowest midfield in recent history, a forward line with only one forward whose kicked 20+'goals in one season whose a Port Power reject.

This list also is literally never going to cover the minimum salary cap either unless some massive front loading is going on in contracts. I think that 22 is at the level where the AFL need to investigate options to fix it sooner rather then later, because in my eyes thst is a 0-22 team on paper
Worse then Essendon 2016?

Also you've removed all players who've signalled they want out but haven't replaced them with any established players who may come in. They should get something decent for both May and KK, plus Lynch compo and might yet flip some draft picks for players. Needs to be done after the trade period and draft, pointless exercise until the list is finalised.

Worse then Essendon 2016?

Also you've removed all players who've signalled they want out but haven't replaced them with any established players who may come in. They should get something decent for both May and KK, plus Lynch compo and might yet flip some draft picks for players. Needs to be done after the trade period and draft, pointless exercise until the list is finalised.
Out 8/10 player

In 6/10 fringe player on 600k for 5 years. <corporate message : we am destination club, look - whudafak mcnobody just replaced gaj - we am win>

They're gonna get quite a lot from all the players that are leaving, your OP is very misleading.

Last edited:

Shows a complete lack of knowledge of the Gold Coast suns team.

Rischitelli will be lucky to play 5+ games next year. Rookie listed for leadership with young guys only

Ballard is a defender/winger not a forward

Sexton, Wright, Young and Martin have all had 20+ goal seasons and Wright spend most of this year on the sidelines with calf injury

The club has already said they doubt they trade May this year

You’ve completely missed Ainsworth, Brodie and MacPherson who will be 3rd or 4th year players and all best 22

We’ve also been given access to Corbett already as our first VFL state league player

We’re trading in C.Ellis, Miles, Horlin-Smith (obviously not world beaters, but competitors)

Best 22
Joyce (22) May (27) Harbrow (31)
Weller (23) Thompson (28) Ballard (19)

Bowes (21) Miles (27) Fiorini (22)
Witts (26) Swallow (27) Brodie (21)

Martin (24) Wright (23) Sexton (26)
MacPherson (21) Corbett (23) Ainsworth (21)

Bench of: Lyons (26), Horlin-Smith (26), Miller (23), Ah Chee (22)

Lot of very promising young players in there, regardless of the tradings of Lynch, Hall and KK. And this is without taking into account potential draftees

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Holman, Ainsworth, Brodie all best 22 guys

Linked to Miles, Horlin-Smith few others yet choose not to place them in the team yet take out players leaving

Will have Picks 2&3 yet don’t even pick the best players available then

Says only one 20+ goal kicker do some research Martin, Wright and Sexton have all kicked over 20 goals

3 state league players coming in are obviously mature aged players as well

Players leaving will get picks back some will be high picks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gold Coast's turn to be compared with Fitzroy now? Following Melbourne, Richmond, Carlton and Brisbane over the last few seasons...

Just for comparisons sake

Fitzroy's best 1996 team (total career senior games in brackets)
B: Hawking (60), Paxman (240), Morton (50)
HB: Pike (247), Dent (118), Clayton (117)
C: Baldwin (127), Atkins (168), Carter (25)
HF: Bamford (59), McCarthy (163), Barker (168)
F: Johnson (264), Hogg (184), Molloy (169)
R: Primus (157), Boyd (85), Rombotis (48)
I: Mellington (44), Cummings (29), Warfe (110), Chandler (72)

I thought Riscatelli retired ..

Gold Coast's turn to be compared with Fitzroy now? Following Melbourne, Richmond, Carlton and Brisbane over the last few seasons...

Just for comparisons sake

Fitzroy's best 1996 team (total career senior games in brackets)
B: Hawking (60), Paxman (240), Morton (50)
HB: Pike (247), Dent (118), Clayton (117)
C: Baldwin (127), Atkins (168), Carter (25)
HF: Bamford (59), McCarthy (163), Barker (168)
F: Johnson (264), Hogg (184), Molloy (169)
R: Primus (157), Boyd (85), Rombotis (48)
I: Mellington (44), Cummings (29), Warfe (110), Chandler (72)

And what’s your verdict? Is Fitzroy’s 1996 team better?

I personally think...
Joyce (22) May (27) Harbrow (31)
Weller (23) Thompson (28) Ballard (19)

Bowes (21) Miles (27) Fiorini (22)
Witts (26) Swallow (27) Brodie (21)

Martin (24) Wright (23) Sexton (26)
MacPherson (21) Corbett (23) Ainsworth (21)

Bench of: Lyons (26), Horlin-Smith (26), Miller (23), Ah Chee (22)
...is the worst team we’ve ever seen on paper. There should not be a single side that loses to them next year.

And what’s your verdict? Is Fitzroy’s 1996 team better?

I personally think...

...is the worst team we’ve ever seen on paper
That team, missing a lot of these players for half the season through injury this year still doubled Carltons wins and was only a draw behind St. Kilda so I fail to see how that is possible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back