Club Focus Gold Coast 2021 - Chol, Andrew, Constable

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Is anyone going to pinch Greenwood or Thompson in the draft?

Richmond should look at Greenwood. They are shallow on inside mids, especially those that tackle.
There will be many many clubs interested in Greenwood, Collingwood included.

GC needs to put a higher salary on Greenwood or another club will snatch him up.

Usually when these delistings happen, clubs don't touch them. Seems to be an unwritten rule.
I agree.
I mean when was the lasy time another club snatched up another player under contract who was delisted for admin purposes? It just doesn't happen. He would be making it clear to everyone he isn't interested in anywhere else.

I agree.
I mean when was the lasy time another club snatched up another player under contract who was delisted for admin purposes? It just doesn't happen. He would be making it clear to everyone he isn't interested in anywhere else.
Pretty sure North picked up a saints bloke one year.

Can't remember his name. He had a brother in the league...............ummmmm........

Usually when these delistings happen, clubs don't touch them. Seems to be an unwritten rule.
Normally it is a player being transferred to the rookie list so that a new player can be taken in the ND. Has this actually happened before? I'd say that in Greenwood's case the rule is worth the paper it is written on.

Normally it is a player being transferred to the rookie list so that a new player can be taken in the ND. Has this actually happened before? I'd say that in Greenwood's case the rule is worth the paper it is written on.
I just can't see the Suns doing this unless they got some sort of assurance from the other 17 clubs no one will pick him up? Who knows, I have been surprised by the stupidity of the people running this club in the past.

He could also just retire on the spot if picked by another club? Loves living on the GC and has set up his young family up there. Doubt he wants to uproot them and move to Melbourne.

Pretty sure North picked up a saints bloke one year.

Can't remember his name. He had a brother in the league...............ummmmm........

It was the other way around.

You are thinking of Cam Delaney going to Geelong after we delisted him and were going to take him on the rookie list.

We'd recently traded his brother Luke to St Kilda.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope Levi Casboult does really well up there (they will pick him up in December's rookie draft)

Really good bloke to have around the club (won best clubman once or twice at Carlton)

I just can't see the Suns doing this unless they got some sort of assurance from the other 17 clubs no one will pick him up? Who knows, I have been surprised by the stupidity of the people running this club in the past.

He could also just retire on the spot if picked by another club? Loves living on the GC and has set up his young family up there. Doubt he wants to uproot them and move to Melbourne.

Lions need the depth!

;)

This is weird. According to the AFL site he's been delisted.

Not sure how he and Thompson get back on the primary list without going through the draft.
They both will be re-drafted in the draft and back on the primary list.

They both will be re-drafted in the draft and back on the primary list.
Most likely, though there is an outside chance he'll get poached by another club.

I'm not sure why Hugh thinks he is 'still on the primary list'. He isn't.

Most likely, though there is an outside chance he'll get poached by another club.

I'm not sure why Hugh thinks he is 'still on the primary list'. He isn't.
But he will be and thats what he uis referring to.
Clubs don't tend to go for rivals players under contract, that are doing the club a favour.

Maybe its an unwritten rule between clubs, who knows. But clearly they are confident there will be no issues.

But he will be and thats what he uis referring to.
Clubs don't tend to go for rivals players under contract, that are doing the club a favour.

Maybe its an unwritten rule between clubs, who knows. But clearly they are confident there will be no issues.
Just curious - with the tweet Hugh put out if he is actually now not on the primary list and is in the national draft - is it draft tampering to tell other clubs he will be a GC player. I mean if he has nominated to be in the national draft I thought there were rules against players doing that. What he says in private is one thing but to go public like that - why is he now not open to the AFL investigating...as another club might have thought about taking him as he is a good player - who knows

Just curious - with the tweet Hugh put out if he is actually now not on the primary list and is in the national draft - is it draft tampering to tell other clubs he will be a GC player. I mean if he has nominated to be in the national draft I thought there were rules against players doing that. What he says in private is one thing but to go public like that - why is he now not open to the AFL investigating...as another club might have thought about taking him as he is a good player - who knows
Yeah I've no idea, but he has no plans on leaving, and this was only done because of the AFL requirements you must take 3 players. Maybe he should have left it be and not said anything.

Yeah I've no idea, but he has no plans on leaving, and this was only done because of the AFL requirements you must take 3 players. Maybe he should have left it be and not said anything.
Its a hard one as we know he wants to stay there - maybe as he can nominate his terms they would be enough to ward other sides away..and he therefore could have left it unsaid to avoid what is a bad look for someone going to the national draft

If what Luke Ball did wasn't draft tampering, this is nowhere near the mark.
Or Perkins for that matter last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back