AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast
God I hate PM Turnbull
Such a showpony
So its not partisan I include Rudd too
Most soulless self-gratifying Pollies ever
They are all the same - its all about them .... just watching Beatties speech same again.....

Sunraysia

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast
Beattie's in charge of the NRL now. Should mean another 10 years of QLD Origin dominance.
You sure.. he doesn't even know which team is which - the Cronulla ?????
Beattie -" I'll be honest - I wouldn't have a bloody clue....".
Best appointment NRL has ever made for AFL IMO !

Last edited:

Sunraysia

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast
Beattie couldn't find a needle in a haystack - and definitely not a Queens message in a Commonwealth Baton !

Last edited:

Matchu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If nothing else, it showed the stadium is capable of a light show that would give Perth Stadium a run for its money. I'm fully expecting the Metricon to be lit up red and gold on AFL game day from now onwards.

Also, it's worth noting Sally Pearson should be running her 100m hurdles final on Thursday/Friday next week. Be sure to tune in because it's a got a bit of a Cathy Freeman Sydney 2000 feel about it.

Mr Bods

Cancelled
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
If nothing else, it showed the stadium is capable of a light show that would give Perth Stadium a run for its money. I'm fully expecting the Metricon to be lit up red and gold on AFL game day from now onwards.

Also, it's worth noting Sally Pearson should be running her 100m hurdles final on Thursday/Friday next week. Be sure to tune in because it's a got a bit of a Cathy Freeman Sydney 2000 feel about it.
You jinxed her

eppo67

Club Legend
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Unfortunately won't be happening. Very interesting timing.

SandyToes

Premium Platinum
Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Interesting that she accepted team captaincy
More interesting now I get the feeling she was never going to run
But you would never have gleaned that from the PR work they put into her
She really has been front and centre face of the Games

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad