Gold Coast Commonwealth Games 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

being knocked down quicker than you can say 'selwood'.

the big screen that's usually there, along with the usual red seating, will be back before the suns are back at the ground.

edit: the heck happened to the quote

God I hate PM Turnbull
Such a showpony
So its not partisan I include Rudd too
Most soulless self-gratifying Pollies ever
They are all the same - its all about them .... just watching Beatties speech same again.....

Beattie's in charge of the NRL now. Should mean another 10 years of QLD Origin dominance.
You sure.. he doesn't even know which team is which - the Cronulla ?????
Beattie -" I'll be honest - I wouldn't have a bloody clue....".
Best appointment NRL has ever made for AFL IMO !

Last edited:
Beattie couldn't find a needle in a haystack - and definitely not a Queens message in a Commonwealth Baton !

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If nothing else, it showed the stadium is capable of a light show that would give Perth Stadium a run for its money. I'm fully expecting the Metricon to be lit up red and gold on AFL game day from now onwards.

Also, it's worth noting Sally Pearson should be running her 100m hurdles final on Thursday/Friday next week. Be sure to tune in because it's a got a bit of a Cathy Freeman Sydney 2000 feel about it.

If nothing else, it showed the stadium is capable of a light show that would give Perth Stadium a run for its money. I'm fully expecting the Metricon to be lit up red and gold on AFL game day from now onwards.

Also, it's worth noting Sally Pearson should be running her 100m hurdles final on Thursday/Friday next week. Be sure to tune in because it's a got a bit of a Cathy Freeman Sydney 2000 feel about it.

You jinxed her

Unfortunately won't be happening. Very interesting timing.

Interesting that she accepted team captaincy
More interesting now I get the feeling she was never going to run
But you would never have gleaned that from the PR work they put into her
She really has been front and centre face of the Games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back