Workshop Gold Coast Concepts

Jun 2, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
GWS
95282772.png

I would match up the chest stripe with the socks (white to blue or blue to white). Great otherwise.

May 25, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yeh I agree with Gibbsy, reminds me a bit of the WB. I think the white hoops would be best off being blue, then their away can be inverted blue and red and their clash can be inverted yellow and red, or replace the yellow with white.

Good job though mate, I agree with Sepultallica9 its 100x better then their current training jumper being recycled as thier 2011 home :p

Heyzeus

Senior List
Jun 19, 2010
Location Location
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woodville-West Torrens
2rrngcl.png

Yeah great work craxzydan! :thumbsu:

I made up a version with the blue stripes instead of the white like everyone else has mentioned just to see what it looked like....hope you don't mind. I reckon it looks ace. Adelaide might have a kiniption over a blue away strip though, so maybe it would be best to go with a yellow one!

the heat

Senior List
Nov 8, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Coorparoo, Firebirds, SD Chargers
2rrngcl.png

Yeah great work craxzydan! :thumbsu:

I made up a version with the blue stripes instead of the white like everyone else has mentioned just to see what it looked like....hope you don't mind. I reckon it looks ace. Adelaide might have a kiniption over a blue away strip though, so maybe it would be best to go with a yellow one!

As far as a traditional style jumper goes its brilliant :)
I think that GC are really in the market to please all the kiddies (hence the decent looking wave strips), so if were going for realism, I still think it needs.. something.

But its still the shiz :)

Heyzeus

Senior List
Jun 19, 2010
Location Location
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woodville-West Torrens
At the Suns launch dinner the CEO said that they want the home jumper to be traditional so that it "stands the test of time", hence why the current home top is not all wavey-like. Craxzydan's take on a traditional jumper is much better though!

The away and clash jumper can always be used by clubs to go a bit crazy and go for the $$$!

the heat

Senior List
Nov 8, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
At the Suns launch dinner the CEO said that they want the home jumper to be traditional so that it "stands the test of time", hence why the current home top is not all wavey-like. Craxzydan's take on a traditional jumper is much better though!

The away and clash jumper can always be used by clubs to go a bit crazy and go for the $$$!

Agreed, Crazyxdan made one thats better then the current GC home, but they wanted to keep 'heratige' from the TAC Cup and the VFL.

How two years in 2nd division football classifies as heritage beats me.

LeeARM

Premiership Player
May 11, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
At the Suns launch dinner the CEO said that they want the home jumper to be traditional so that it "stands the test of time", hence why the current home top is not all wavey-like.

Even though the logo on the jumper will change around every 15 years. Hopefully this one changes very soon.

I think they've really overdone the idea of simple with their home jumper. I can understand that they didn't want to make it crazy but instead they went too "safe". The beach flag style jumper Gary Clifford was wearing was simple and traditional but it was still something new and interesting. I would have just flipped it to make it match the actual flags on the beach.
GCFC11-1.png

Something along the lines of this.

Heyzeus

Senior List
Jun 19, 2010
Location Location
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woodville-West Torrens
Even though the logo on the jumper will change around every 15 years. Hopefully this one changes very soon.

I think they've really overdone the idea of simple with their home jumper. I can understand that they didn't want to make it crazy but instead they went too "safe". The beach flag style jumper Gary Clifford was wearing was simple and traditional but it was still something new and interesting. I would have just flipped it to make it match the actual flags on the beach.
GCFC11-1.png

Something along the lines of this.

Yeah I don't mind that, but I'd lose the "GC" logo. I think it's ugly and I'd be surprised if its still around in 5 years.

the heat

Senior List
Nov 8, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
goldcoastwavehome.png

goldcoastwaveaway.png

My first thought is that they both, to a degree, have the Sydney Problem (Half light, half dark) but I think they turned out pretty good.

Thoughts?

NOTE: On the back of the Home the wavy line is actually 2/3rds blue, 1/3rd gold, but due to the auto resize, bit difficult to see

Back