Club Focus Gold Coast 2020 - Atkins, Markov, Hollands

AFL Club Focus

Do they still need the pick 19 priority pick in 2021?

• Yes

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • No

Votes: 37 84.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Gold Coast club focus thread
The blame in the Martin “fiasco” sits with Cochrane only. Decided to take a “stand” against one of the only VIC clubs who hadn’t burnt him, over an uncontracted average player who had requested a trade twice. As amateur as it gets.

That's not completely right or fair either.

The Suns have been leaking players like a sieve and the management finally got sick of it and tried to make a stand. I'm pleased they tried to draw a line in the sand as it will be to their betterment in the future.

The fact that it didn't play out as they were hoping to is no reason to s**t-can them either, I'm sure that if the same sort of annual leakage was happening at our club we'd be livid about it too.

Last edited:
Gold Coast 2019 - Rowell, Anderson, Flanders, Sharp, Farrar in the National Draft.

Carlton offer future pick which is 2020, get Martin through Rookie Draft not ND draft. Liam Stocker? Got nothing to do with GCS at all.
Carlton fans can talk about jack Martin in Martin Thread.
The first 3 you mention will be really exciting for the GC to see how they go. I would expect them to all get games in early 2020.

Reports on the GC board, from their open training session today, that Rowell and Anderson (and Fiorini) have signed 2 year contract extensions.

Yep apparently all stitched up! That only leaves Sam Collins OOC for this year. Great work by the club.

I reckon we will get an announcement at the season launch.

A lot of teams made the mistake of not selecting him.

Sharp should have been late first round.
Was very good in the practice match against the Lions last Saturday. Is no inside bull but goes when it’s his turn, has a mature build already for an 18 year old, moves well, positioned himself well to receive the ball and delivers well by hand and foot. Should play some footy this year and will help the Suns outside game enormously, which is something we really need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

* me, they win three games and now they're the white men of the world. It was only last year they were a basket case.
Now according to you they're the new 'West Coast reincarnation'.
The AFL need the gold coast to survive revenue wise, [potential is there].
Adelaide and Port could go missing and it would actually save the league money.

Leave the picks with them and change conditions as "need to be traded" may be. It'll help them trade for future picks and spread their list out. Removing anything based on a 4 game sample is too early / dumb.

Pick wise this year they only had the mid first round pick 11? Which they cunningly traded to Geelong for massive unders, probably fearing it would be rescinded by Eddie Maguire, oops I mean the AFL, if they bolted up the ladder this season!

They still have the freebie listing of any academy players and the free hit Darwin zone.

Watching them I get the feeling this is a genuine march up the ladder, they have real depth of high quality, go home factor has disappeared so concessions could be quickly wound back, hence their off loading of this year's pick 11 concession.

The concession package they got last year was justified to finally get the club moving forward to lessen the drain on AFL coffers in future years. Well done AFL, tread carefully going forward but don't let it end up like the GWS largesse.

It know seems like losing Tom Lynch was a massive win for The Suns, dare say his controversial departure was a significant factor in their rescue package

Could soon become an destination club.

Have to wonder how/if The Suns can hold on to all their elite young talent

Even someone like Ainsworth will command big money from Vic Clubs next time he is out of contract..

Gotta credit Stewart Dew for turning around the toxic culture and playing environment that Guy McKenna and Rocket Eade and Gary Ablett Jnr helped fester up there.

It know seems like losing Tom Lynch was a massive win for The Suns, dare say his controversial departure was a significant factor in their rescue package

Could soon become an destination club.

Have to wonder how/if The Suns can hold on to all their elite young talent

Even someone like Ainsworth will command big money from Vic Clubs next time he is out of contract..

Gotta credit Stewart Dew for turning around the toxic culture and playing environment that Guy McKenna and Rocket Eade and Gary Ablett Jnr helped fester up there.
Jack Martin, Jack Scrim, ah chee , may, lynch contract is far more than ainsworth .

Ah Chee wouldn’t be on a big contract. That’s not how David Noble works.
Who is noble? I am saying GCS keeping Ah Chee, Martin long term, their salary is a lot more than Melbourne club keeping players after two years in Gold Coast. I rather get Alex davies for draft salary for two years than keeping Ah Chee and use what Brisbane given for Ah Chee for academy points.
GCS currently hold one 1st round and 2 second round, list cut and presume without concession this year ( academy and Zone players open to bid and not allow to pre list them) . those pick come handy with Sharp already on the list.

Last edited:
Who is noble? I am saying GCS keeping Ah Chee, Martin long term, their salary is a lot more than Melbourne club keeping players after two years in Gold Coast. I rather get Alex davies for draft salary for two years than keeping Ah Chee and use what Brisbane given for Ah Chee for academy points.
GCS currently hold one 1st round and 2 second round, list cut and presume without concession this year ( academy and Zone players open to bid and not allow to pre list them) . those pick come handy with Sharp already on the list.
David Noble is the Lions football manager. Father to John Noble who plays for the pies, its how I know lol

Back