Club Focus Gold Coast 2021 - Chol, Andrew, Constable

AFL Club Focus
Sep 16, 2015
Inside 50
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
If Adelaide have another bad season, do they need a PP as well?
I think if Gold Coast have to make a... wait... did you say Adelaide?

Hang on I just need to scroll up to see if I'm in the right thread.

Yep def says Gold Coast. Oh, and WC are trading 2 third rounders.

We have just lost cabin pressure.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
cant get enough.gif

May 5, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Brayden Fiorini – good fit for the next Darcy Parish?

Never forget that this lad had 32 disposals and 2 goals AND 166 fantasy points in the second game of his career, 5 days after his 19th birthday.

Will we see another Jarryd Lyons?

Who would be a good fit for the next Darcy Parish?

Never forget that this lad had 32 disposals and 2 goals AND 166 fantasy points in the second game of his career, 5 days after his 19th birthday.

He would be perfect at Hawthorn on the wing. Smith, Henderson and Scully are all gone.

Fiorini extended in March 2020 - 15 months ago.
Fair enough. I just looked up the old thread thinking I needed to merge it, and it was bumped in November. Guess someone was extra keen.

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Who would be a good fit for the next Darcy Parish?

No chance is he the next Jarryd Lyons. He is a super one paced outside player that has no real weapons, not fast, not a great kick. Can get a lot of the ball but doesn't do a lot with it. Suns will happily move him on, along with Brodie. Both on decent wedges.

May 5, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
No chance is he the next Jarryd Lyons. He is a super one paced outside player that has no real weapons, not fast, not a great kick. Can get a lot of the ball but doesn't do a lot with it. Suns will happily move him on, along with Brodie. Both on decent wedges.

I would argue that his weapon is that he can find the ball better than almost anyone in the competition.

I think he can be the next Rockliff/ Parish if he finds himself at the right club.

Averaged over 10 contested possessions a game across the first 10 rounds in 2019 too, so showed his game can stack up - at least on paper - on the inside.

He's not any slower or a worse kick than Lyons; sure they're different types of players, but just because he has those traits doesn't mean he's anywhere near a write-off.

If Keays/ Parish can break out with opportunity, then Fiorini certainly can if the vibe is right with his new club.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I would argue that his weapon is that he can find the ball better than almost anyone in the competition.

I think he can be the next Rockliff/ Parish if he finds himself at the right club.

Averaged over 10 contested possessions a game across the first 10 rounds in 2019 too, so showed his game can stack up - at least on paper - on the inside.

He's not any slower or a worse kick than Lyons; sure they're different types of players, but just because he has those traits doesn't mean he's anywhere near a write-off.

If Keays/ Parish can break out with opportunity, then Fiorini certainly can if the vibe is right with his new club.
I have a little doubt that Fiorini needs to move on to save his career. His confidence seems shot. I watched him every game in VFL this year and some of his performances were very ordinary. Yes, he got a lot of possessions (mostly cheep) but he was slow, had a terrible disposal and the worst of all he gave up chasing on multiple occasions and generally did not defend well his opponents. It appears that groin surgery slowed him down even more and also the current game style does not suits him well. Hopefully, he can re-discover his best with a new club. He is a nice guy and a great club man. IMO, he needs a full time inside role as he can't play really anywhere else. To say that he could be next Parish - sorry, that's a big stretch/dreaming for me. But I could be hopefully wrong :)

With Swallow out today, I expected Fiorini or Brodie to get opportunity inside but it does look like Fiorini will be only emergency. Personally, I would prefer Brodie over Fiorini inside.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal

After seeing him in a couple of VFL games this season, I don't see it. But hopefully he gets a move to refresh his career, really like the bloke, and want him to succeed.

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
He would be perfect at Hawthorn on the wing. Smith, Henderson and Scully are all gone.
On the wing!

He is not in any capacity a winger.

We tried to play him there in early 2020 and it was an utter fail.

He is slow, in no capacity an endurance beast and is a loopy non penetrating kick who has no aerial presence.
To me, that is contra to the hallmark features of a winger.

Has got some strong points - good hands, picks the ball up cleanly of the ground, good awareness in traffic - all features suitable to an inside mid. The club has clearly identified he is an inside midfielder.

I think he did alright last night in the second half after a terrible first half.
I hope he stays in the team when Greenwood comes back and gets a bit of a run at it.

Sep 28, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
On the wing!

He is not in any capacity a winger.

We tried to play him there in early 2020 and it was an utter fail.

He is slow, in no capacity an endurance beast and is a loopy non penetrating kick who has no aerial presence.
To me, that is contra to the hallmark features of a winger.

Has got some strong points - good hands, picks the ball up cleanly of the ground, good awareness in traffic - all features suitable to an inside mid. The club has clearly identified he is an inside midfielder.

I think he did alright last night in the second half after a terrible first half.
I hope he stays in the team when Greenwood comes back and gets a bit of a run at it.
Slow wingers who can’t kick are our speciality down at hawthorn, lately at least.

Do agree he needs to be played in the middle, not sure who he’d suit best. Any team lacking an accumulator. We’ve got plenty of them unfortunately.

May 5, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
2nd equal most contested possessions for the game on Thursday from 73% ToG in his first full-time opportunity for the year.

Not an inside midfielder you say 🤔.

Sep 28, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
2nd equal most contested possessions for the game on Thursday from 73% ToG in his first full-time opportunity for the year.

Not an inside midfielder you say 🤔.
He’s more of an accumulator, who can win a bit of ball on the inside. Like a lesser version of 2021 Tom Mitchell. Not the big inside mid who you can rely on getting the ball out of contested situations or bottom of packs

Back