Expansion Gold Coast euro junket

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 4, 2003
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Talk about having an axe to grind...

Starts with ‘...footy’s $200m disaster club...’ and degenerates into listing social media posts.

Agenda driven crap.

Not to mention the delightful history lesson to finish up...

“Launched in 2011 under the guidance of a first-time coach Guy McKenna, rookie captain Gary Ablett, untried football boss Marcus Ashcroft and novice chief executive Travis Auld, the badly under-resourced Suns were forced to operate out of portable tin sheds for the first seven years.”

First-time, rookie, untried, novice, under-resourced....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luv_our_club

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Practically the only name i recognised in that story was Dew.

The group consists of senior coach Stuart Dew, football boss Jon Haines, deputy media manager Thomas Beverley, fitness boss Alex Rigby, assistant coach Ashley Prescott, Green and Pyle.

Arc1

Club Legend
Jul 5, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Talk about having an axe to grind...

Starts with ‘...footy’s $200m disaster club...’ and degenerates into listing social media posts.

Agenda driven crap.

Not to mention the delightful history lesson to finish up...

“Launched in 2011 under the guidance of a first-time coach Guy McKenna, rookie captain Gary Ablett, untried football boss Marcus Ashcroft and novice chief executive Travis Auld, the badly under-resourced Suns were forced to operate out of portable tin sheds for the first seven years.”

First-time, rookie, untried, novice, under-resourced....

I reckon I could just write the same article anyway for the BF users without access. Like me.

Title: Outrage over Club’s Euro Junket
Opener: A major scandal erupted today as the AFL discovered... [click here to read more]

Behind the paywall, article continues:

... that nearly a half dozen officials from the Gold Coast Suns jetted out to Europe just days after the Grand Final, on an all-expenses-paid “study tour”.

Fans were left outraged when they discovered that despite the club’s woeful performance in 2018, leading figures from the club were spending two weeks in France and Germany supposedly visiting leading football clubs to investigate high performance coaching strategies and recovery techniques.

“I’m disgusted” said one fan, BigDong6000.

“High performance?! Someone is already high!” added user Cmgzzler99.

Meantime Port Legend Kane Cornes has demanded an immediate AFL enquiry.

More to follow.
— With AAP

kid_a

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2010
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Hammarby IF, East Freo, Glory
Suns should do some training camp in Scandinavia.
Danes are decent at footy, relatively, and the nords bloody love Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Back