Gold Coast given 4 top 20 picks over the next 3 drafts

Remove this Banner Ad

Gold Coast has been handed a whopping assistance package from the AFL, receiving four extra draft picks over three seasons.

Their assistance package includes pick 1 in this year's draft, as well as the first pick of the second round, currently pick 20.

They have also received a mid-first round pick in the 2020 AFL draft, currently pick 11, and the first pick of the second round in the 2021 AFL draft, currently pick 20

Wow. What a terrible decision.

Last edited:

Can't wait to see how they fu** these picks up.

If I was a young player about to get drafted I'd be doing everything I could to tank my draft stocks so I didn't get picked up by this joke of an expansion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So in addition to the picks, they also get Darwin as part of their zone and other clubs can't bid on their academy players.

+rookie list extended from 4 to 10 players. Gives them pretty big coverage for injuries.

Might as well give them 2 million extra in the salary cap and the ability to play 22 on the field instead of 18.

Screws over the clubs trying to rebuild.
GCS should get additional retention and marketing allowance in lieu of 3 years worth of picks.

Gold Coast has been handed a whopping assistance package from the AFL, receiving four extra draft picks over three seasons.

Their assistance package includes pick 1 in this year's draft, as well as the first pick of the second round, currently pick 20.

They have also received a mid-first round pick in the 2020 AFL draft, currently pick 11, and the first pick of the second round in the 2021 AFL draft, currently pick 20

Wow.

So 1 & 2 for Rowell and Anderson.

Either their First (~ 1) or ~ 11 in 2020 to Adelaide for Brad Crouch, plus there'll be other guys likely incoming.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back