Club Focus Gold Coast 2021 - Chol, Andrew, Constable

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

How about just pick 19 then? Seems about the same.

GC and Richmond have done a few drama-free trades in recent times. If CCJ wants to go there I'm sure a fair deal will get done.

Regarding swapping first rounders, it would depend on who GC want in the draft I suspect. If it's Gibsus, which seems likely and they think he will still be there at Richmond's pick, maybe they do that deal.

You would expect a trade to be pretty amicable between us given recent history. Pick 19 is probably fair, I just see us looking to trade up if we can and like you said, GC may have no issue with that.

You would expect a trade to be pretty amicable between us given recent history. Pick 19 is probably fair, I just see us looking to trade up if we can and like you said, GC may have no issue with that.
If you got 19 for CCJ that gives Richmond 9, 17, 19. Could be enough to tempt a rebuilding team like Hawthorn into trading their first. Plenty of options.

If you got 19 for CCJ that gives Richmond 9, 17, 19. Could be enough to tempt a rebuilding team like Hawthorn into trading their first. Plenty of options.
we need them as much anyone.

No me. He is not KPF. Who would he replace? We have a Corbett in a similar role and Jeffrey will join soon. By the way, even Sexton has basically the same averages as Mihocek except marks.

It depends how desperately Tigers want pick 5 and if Suns are willing to downgrade to pick 9 (Tigers pick at the moment) which they may not be. Also what is CCJ value? I am pretty sure that AFL will take away pick 19. Pick 24 is probably more than fair value for CCJ especially considering he is not best 22 and played only 5 games. I like his mongrel but he is still mostly potential.

So for me it would be pick 9 and CCJ for pick 5.

If I am generous I chip in also pick 43. On points that would be 1469 (pick 9) + 785 (CCJ, value pick 24) = 2254 vs 1878 (pick 5) + 378 (pick 43) =2256.

Just as a interest, here is the deal Port made to upgrade by one pick to get Rozee.
The Lions will exchange Mayes and Pick No. 5 at this year’s AFL Draft in return for Pick No. 6, 35 and a future third round selection (Fremantle's on traded to Port Adelaide).
Sorry that you couldn’t get my sarcasm

Yeah. I'd say fair for CCJ at 19. But then I don't do trades. rumours are that some clubs really rate him, including the tiges. I don't know. I see a good solid KPF. I don't see the 2nd coming of Royce Hart. But as soon as you get a bidding war it all changes. We'll see come October
Bidding wars don't happen, though.

CCJ will announce who he wants to go to and the club's will work it out.

Bidding wars don't happen, though.

CCJ will announce who he wants to go to and the club's will work it out.

Bidding wars do happen, but not very often.

If he has a preferred team and wants to go, then the Tigers will get what they can. The Tiges draft hand this year provides more room to move on picks.

But if the rumours of multiple clubs chasing him are true, and he doesn't care much then the situation is different.

But all I know is rumours. Some of the rumours are from people that tend to get it right.

I imagine that things are still not locked in yet. But it does sound like he is going, and that multiple clubs are after him (GC, GWS, and Essendon for starters)

Not gonna happen and I know there was bad blood on the way out but...

Wouldn't it be better for both if GC give pick 5 for Tom Lynch to go back. Tigers get to keep young talls, could maybe give 5 for Cerra too.
GC get a genuine force up there to dominate immediately with King and get them into finals which they need to stop exodus.

GC’s pick 5 is pick 7 in reality(Daicos/Darcy). And in this draft the players outside the top 3 are a level below. 12 players could be in any order so don’t see that pick as being a great pick to trade up for this year. Certainly not getting a great player but a Brander or CCJ & 2nd round is about right.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

GC’s pick 5 is pick 7 in reality(Daicos/Darcy). And in this draft the players outside the top 3 are a level below. 12 players could be in any order so don’t see that pick as being a great pick to trade up for this year. Certainly not getting a great player but a Brander or CCJ & 2nd round is about right.

Is up to you, if you can afford to paid 400 to 500k to play reserve or like us paid two years minimum wages to new draftees. (Hately).

*Top 5 pick will also cost more after two years .

Are you saying Brander or CCJ and pick 30ish for pick 5?

🤔

Lel.

I think a Shai Bolton is more what GC would be envisaging with that sort of currency.

If you don't ask, you don't get. I also think it's unlikely that Suns will shake anyone loose with their offer, but if they don't try it's even less likely.

If I look at my club, from the Suns' perspective, it's probably only really Josh Kelly (and even then he's on the cusp of being too old) and Sam Taylor (who's just signed and not going anywhere in real life) who they should be paying that trade price. No forwards worth that price, and I wouldn't be getting any more inside mids if I were Suns.

Very few others would be attractive to Suns (e.g. Balta, maybe Bolton, Oscar Allen, Max King, Tim English, Aaron Naughton) - and in all cases their club will not be looking to hand them over even for that early pick, particularly this year. The old issue of known talent on the list v unknown draft talent.

You'd think that in the background Suns management would be contacting a bunch of managers with a lot of $$$ on offer to see if any of the players are interested first up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not really about who GC wants but more so who they can get/who wants to actually go to GC.

As a result, I wouldn't be surprised if GC pays another fortune for another mediocre player like Lachie Weller (how was him for pick 2 even allowed to pass as a trade?...)

It's not really about who GC wants but more so who they can get/who wants to actually go to GC.

As a result, I wouldn't be surprised if GC pays another fortune for another mediocre player like Lachie Weller (how was him for pick 2 even allowed to pass as a trade?...)
just add pick 40 to pass it. I don't think AFL pass it without pick 40 include.

Last edited:

What if gc looked to split tge pick for 2 lower 1sts. Give 1 for CCJ and then go after another player they need with the other?

Not gonna happen and I know there was bad blood on the way out but...

Wouldn't it be better for both if GC give pick 5 for Tom Lynch to go back. Tigers get to keep young talls, could maybe give 5 for Cerra too.
GC get a genuine force up there to dominate immediately with King and get them into finals which they need to stop exodus.

Would never happen.

Didn't just fall out with the club President and CEO, he fell out with a good deal of the senior playing group.

Uninvited to weddings and all sorts of things. Lost lifelong friends. Not because he left, but because of how he handled it.

Suns need a Pendelbury Selwood or even a Cotchin on top of that I would be offering Hawks a 2nd rd for Gunston, they have talent but are rudderless when under the pump.

Would never happen.

Didn't just fall out with the club President and CEO, he fell out with a good deal of the senior playing group.

Uninvited to weddings and all sorts of things. Lost lifelong friends. Not because he left, but because of how he handled it.
Himself and Steven May aren't well liked in the football club anymore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back