Gold Coast Player Highlights 2016 (4/11/16 - Peter Wright)

12Chill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hey all,
Will be making some highlight videos of Gold Coast players in the coming weeks for their 2016 seasons so I thought I'd post them here. As I'm generally unfamiliar with the layout of the Suns board, if there is a better place for this feel free to move it to suit the set up.

Planning on making videos for Hall, Martin, Ablett, Wright, Garlett and probably a couple of others I haven't decided on, if there are any requests I'm open (Hanley will also be done).

If you'd like to subscribe, my channel is here, it would be much appreciated: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwlfLRnEgIdb_bnsm9YtURw

Tom Lynch

Aaron Hall

Peter Wright

Enjoy.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Hey all,
Will be making some highlight videos of Gold Coast players in the coming weeks for their 2016 seasons so I thought I'd post them here. As I'm generally unfamiliar with the layout of the Suns board, if there is a better place for this feel free to move it to suit the set up.

Planning on making videos for Hall, Martin, Ablett, Wright, Garlett and probably a couple of others I haven't decided on, if there are any requests I'm open (Hanley will also be done).

If you'd like to subscribe, my channel is here, it would be much appreciated: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwlfLRnEgIdb_bnsm9YtURw

Tom Lynch

Enjoy.

Touk Miller and Steven May

Sep 25, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders
wow. Excuse me while I go change pants.

That video alone has me pumped for next season! Imagine what he can do with more troops around him. Great vid mate! I look forward to the coming videos (although it might be hard putting together a highlight clip of most of our players for this season). Would love Touk, and maybe Harbrow, although you would have to cut each clip before he disposes of it :(.

Steven May
That video already exists.

Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
Hey all,

Tom Lynch

Enjoy.

the only bad thing about that video is that it's not 30 minutes long.

awesome video though! would be keen to see peter wright's highlights. may too.

OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
Tom Lynch $6 for Coleman Medal (3rd favourite after Kennedy and Franklin)... if the team stay healthy I like those odds

thurls64

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Aaron Hall

Great to watch his early sizzling form this year, does anyone really know what happened to him late in the year where he coudnt find space and kept doubling back and running himself into traffic, just confidence you think?

Sep 25, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders
Great to watch his early sizzling form this year, does anyone really know what happened to him late in the year where he coudnt find space and kept doubling back and running himself into traffic, just confidence you think?

Probable answer is he just lost confidence. He got dropped and was being relied on again to carry the midfield and he went back to his old ways.

BUT, looking at those highlights, is it just a coincidence that he played his best footy of the year in tandem with Gaz in the team? Even in those highlights those 2 are killing it together with their 1-2s and passes to each other, a 2-man tag team. We know they are pretty close, perhaps it was Gazs influence in the middle with him helping him achieve that early season form?

Experimental

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
his brother probably threatened him

pretty rattling stuff

thurls64

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Probable answer is he just lost confidence. He got dropped and was being relied on again to carry the midfield and he went back to his old ways.

BUT, looking at those highlights, is it just a coincidence that he played his best footy of the year in tandem with Gaz in the team? Even in those highlights those 2 are killing it together with their 1-2s and passes to each other, a 2-man tag team. We know they are pretty close, perhaps it was Gazs influence in the middle with him helping him achieve that early season form?
Yes I did notice that they seemed intuitive together in that video, hopefully when Gaz is healthy he will return to his best

Stroppy

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Dubs
Pretty sure Hall had minor knee soreness through the middle of the year which he tried to play through given all our other injuries at the time.
Without our injury problems he probably gets rested and iirc, that was one reason he was a tad annoyed at being dropped.

LynchysMob

Club Legend
Nov 19, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I also think Hally is someone who does better surrounded by really good contested players. Some may knock that but if he is allowed to play to his strengths he's very damaging. Great metres gained stats and when he nails those inside 50 bullets they are very good.

Sep 25, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders
Peter Wright

Awesome stuff yet again mate!

Can't believe this kid only just turned 20 a week or 2 ago! He is a beast already, and will only become even better with more experience. He and Lynch could well be just about one of the best 1-2 forward combo in the league, watching the way they link up together in those clips. And it might be a bit of a weird player comparison, but from those highlights, he reminded me a bit of Jono Brown. I don't know why, I think just the way he gives the dummy handball then spins around and kicks it to Lynchy, he just moved a bit like him I thought in quite a few of those highlights, as well as those thumping set shots from 50. If he gets even close to Brown's levels then that would be huge.

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
I also think Hally is someone who does better surrounded by really good contested players. Some may knock that but if he is allowed to play to his strengths he's very damaging. Great metres gained stats and when he nails those inside 50 bullets they are very good.
I absolutely agree with this,too often players are asked to be a little of everything instead of using their strengths. Aaron is a line breaking mid with good goal sense. I know there are knocks on his defensive game.

IMO Let him loose and let the other player try and catch him then we won't be so worried about his defence

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Hey all,

Tom Lynch

Aaron Hall

Peter Wright

Enjoy.

Hey mate would be great if you could put Jack Martin's highlights for 2016 on tape. Some of the things he does outside of just kicking goals and taking marks show the signs of a very special player in the making.

vide0n

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I absolutely agree with this,too often players are asked to be a little of everything instead of using their strengths. Aaron is a line breaking mid with good goal sense. I know there are knocks on his defensive game.

IMO Let him loose and let the other player try and catch him then we won't be so worried about his defence
The problem with this is if players go down and you *need* them to play a different role or lose the game, they can't adapt on the fly

That stuff costs premierships

Back