Best rebrand option

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 4, 2012
County Grant
AFL Club
Geelong
Suns Concept
Obviously inspired by the Utah city jersey and a reverse Lions 'tinkle' jumper.

upload_2018-2-19_18-39-0.png

The Gold Coast using a deeper shade of crimson and a richer gold may be the only way to salvage their current brand.

Attachments

• upload_2018-2-19_18-19-41.png
    upload_2018-2-19_18-19-41.png
    15.6 KB · Views: 325
Last edited:
Limited Edition GC18 CommGames Jumper...concept
Obviously inspired by the Utah city jersey.

View attachment 461307

The Gold Coast using a deeper shade of crimson and a richer gold may be the only way to salvage their current brand.​
Not sure what relevance this has to the commonwealth games, but I like it!

Suns Concept
Obviously inspired by the Utah city jersey and a reverse Lions 'tinkle' jumper.

View attachment 461312

The Gold Coast using a deeper shade of crimson and a richer gold may be the only way to salvage their current brand.
Swap the logo and sponsor and it looks even better imo .

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
The design has actually started to grow on me. It took 7 years but it finally has. It's just simply stupid.

Wasn't there a planned rebrand under BLK?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
From recent redesigns around the world from just about all manufacturers, it is more likely that they will make it worse than improve it. I hope to be wrong, but I am not hopeful.
AFL is surprisingly not too bad when it comes to re-brands. Fremantle's was great, kept the design simplistic yet unique. Collingwood's change to white on black is still controversial but it's grown on many like myself. The only bad one I can think of is the Brisbane Paddle-pop. All they need to do is give the jumper some life. The side panels are fine but something at the front to give them more of an identity.

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
AFL is surprisingly not too bad when it comes to re-brands. Fremantle's was great, kept the design simplistic yet unique. Collingwood's change to white on black is still controversial but it's grown on many like myself. The only bad one I can think of is the Brisbane Paddle-pop. All they need to do is give the jumper some life. The side panels are fine but something at the front to give them more of an identity.

The problem is that this brand has been so bad from the start and the AFL has been fine with it, Freo still looked good before the rebrand, so did Collingwood. Good usually leads to better or great, bad can easily lead to worse.

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
Some of them look great. As per the other thread, think the need a “real footy jumper”.

And the issue with their colours needs to be resolved. Bright red and yellow don’t work.

I’d like to see them adopt navy which could work well with red and yellow.

upload_2018-10-1_14-34-50.png

That's my idea for a logo. Some sort of badass Apollo figure in front of a sun. Cut him with some muscles etc

'Suns' and 'Gold Coast FC' text to be added somehow. Use of navy, red and yellow to give them good colour options for a jumper.

I don't have the skills to make it - cutting and pasting vectors is as far as I go!

JezzasOnTheAsphalt

Club Legend
May 14, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Some good ones here. Would like to see them in something simple, old fashioned but without looking like a training jumper like it is currently.
If you aren't gonna play like footballers I suppose you've got to at least try to look like one

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oct 5, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Port Melbourne, Norwood, St George
Heritage_1__81444.1523055506.jpg

Something like this Roosters heritage jersey they wore twice this year but with Gold and Sky Blue stripes on Red I think would be a very good looking guernsey for the Suns with Gold and Red stripes on Sky Blue as the alternate. Red and Sky Blue stripes on Gold could also be an option for the Sun's alternate kit

Last edited:
Back