Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 24, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics Melbourne Stars
ption 9
457894_224f68a24c7f14b8324b269313f9d7c5.png

Like this jumper, but maybe different colours.

Mar 24, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics Melbourne Stars
I was never completely sure about this colour combo but from a branding point of view, I think metallic gold should be part of their colours.
There's not many unique colours left in the league and there's a very obvious connection there.
Good point something different is always good.

Jun 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
I was never completely sure about this colour combo but from a branding point of view, I think metallic gold should be part of their colours.
There's not many unique colours left in the league and there's a very obvious connection there.
That's why I think they should embrace the yellow/gold. No other club uses it as a primary colour.

Aug 11, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill (VFL)
That's why I think they should embrace the yellow/gold. No other club uses it as a primary colour.
One club has embraced Gold as their primary colour, Hawthorn.
VpqHK7w.jpg

Not to forget your West Coast Eagles and their Away/Clash strip is mostly Gold.
O0Z5Unx.jpg

However, using Gold as one of their colours would be better. They are the only club to mention a colour in the name of the town they are from and they don't have it on the jumpers, just a lighter yellow.

KrO9pGn.jpg

O1QP4jF.jpg

Jun 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
Of course Hawthorn. Massive oversight on my part. Thanks.

As for West Coast, gold is our secondary colour, hence the clash being predominant gold. It's an important part of our identity but I would argue that our primary colour is royal.

Oct 5, 2007
Punt Road
AFL Club
Richmond
I was watching the PNG Kumuls just before and I thought their kit suited the Gold Coast better than the current strip.

The current red jumper and shorts is just too red heavy. The colours are meant to be drawn from the lifesaving flags, which are 50/50 red and yellow. And if you look at what the volunteer lifesavers wear, it's red shorts and yellow long sleeve shirt.

Yellow guernsey and red shorts would look so much better, both colours are still considered light according to the AFL. Would probably cause some clashes but purely from an aesthetics and branding standpoint, this is infinitely better.

IMG_6310.JPG

Jun 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
I was watching the PNG Kumuls just before and I thought their kit suited the Gold Coast better than the current strip.

The current red jumper and shorts is just too red heavy. The colours are meant to be drawn from the lifesaving flags, which are 50/50 red and yellow. And if you look at what the volunteer lifesavers wear, it's red shorts and yellow long sleeve shirt.

Yellow guernsey and red shorts would look so much better, both colours are still considered light according to the AFL. Would probably cause some clashes but purely from an aesthetics and branding standpoint, this is infinitely better.

View attachment 573260
Whatever they wear at home is up to them and whatever they wear away will have white shorts, so I don't think a clash is really a problem outside of Hawthorn, and from a contrast perspective, GWS. If they maintained the three colours, a blue clash would take care of both of those.

Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
A poster on our board suggested to put the "SUNS" part of the logo up the top after "GOLD COAST", think it would definitely look better up there so might give that a go another day (it's annoying me looking at it the way it is now haha).

made a couple simplified versions of it, along with plonking it front and center on a guernsey. blank canvas for now, any suggestions?

GCSUNS_LOGO (SIMPLE OUTLINE & TEXT.png

GCSUNS_LOGO (SIMPLE OUTLINE).png

GCSUNS_04_HOME.png

Jan 31, 2009
New Highton
AFL Club
Adelaide
A poster on our board suggested to put the "SUNS" part of the logo up the top after "GOLD COAST", think it would definitely look better up there so might give that a go another day (it's annoying me looking at it the way it is now haha).

made a couple simplified versions of it, along with plonking it front and center on a guernsey. blank canvas for now, any suggestions?

View attachment 573780
View attachment 573786
View attachment 573782
Guernsey looks to plain with a monogram. Plus not sure a monogram really works for GC.
Maybe try a thick yellow sash with the logo in the sash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 573780
View attachment 573786
View attachment 573782
A bit unbalanced but a really nice start. Quite like the one with the dark grey text around it, the whole thing is feeling like a US college team to me.

Wouldn't mind seeing a guernsey with that logo and the hockey trim that Andonis1997 suggested in the jumper ideas thread the other week.
Back to Gold Coast, I honestly don't see why they can't rip off this design, but where the Bulldogs have their hoops placed.

Great colours that work well with the white.
567126_d61563923534ae449de48fe2f38ea1db.jpg

Aug 4, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers, Gladbach, Kyoto Sanga
Back