2nds Gold Coast Reserves: Title Defense 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Going ok but a long way from senior selection at this stage.
May get a chance late in the season

Cheers NOBBYS
Gotta be honest,
Been keen on him for a while and with him being kinda buried behind Rankine Sexton and Ainsworth, was interested in his progress and rating with an eye to perhaps offering him opportunity if something could be worked out ...

Not much info here. Will have to wait for the Coaches comments article. Some good signs from Murtagh though! I hope we see Corbett soon in the seniors.

Not much info here. Will have to wait for the Coaches comments article. Some good signs from Murtagh though! I hope we see Corbett soon in the seniors.
Sorry to be sceptical but if you send off the best remainding 5 players , swap players with the opposition during the game and have 8 periods that's match Sim not a game. No wonder players like Wright are having trouble getting motivated

Sorry to be sceptical but if you send off the best remainding 5 players , swap players with the opposition during the game and have 8 periods that's match Sim not a game. No wonder players like Wright are having trouble getting motivated
Doesn't hurt guys like Corbett and others press their claims.

Every single player in the comp is in the same position. If he's having trouble looking for motivation because of that he only has to tap into his peers to get some.

Doesn't hurt guys like Corbett and others press their claims.

Every single player in the comp is in the same position. If he's having trouble looking for motivation because of that he only has to tap into his peers to get some.
Its hard as it much be like under 10s , I think the players that were sent to play in friday are the only ones in contention

Not sure how you know that Wright is having trouble getting motivated. He had the whole preseason to beat Day for a spot. And it's not like Day is setting the world on fire in most games. It's the crap situation for all teams, for all players fighting for the best 22 spot. If Wright does indeed has trouble with motivation he should do something else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure how you know that Wright is having trouble getting motivated. He had the whole preseason to beat Day for a spot. And it's not like Day is setting the world on fire in most games. It's the crap situation for all teams, for all players fighting for the best 22 spot. If Wright does indeed has trouble with motivation he should do something else.
Surely getting to play with Izak, King, Sexton, Ainsworth in the forward line is a pretty big carrot.
Those guys have the potential to make him look good.

Surely getting to play with Izak, King, Sexton, Ainsworth in the forward line is a pretty big carrot.
Those guys have the potential to make him look good.
To be honest I think both Budarick and Ainsworth should be mids, so I would be looking at Lemmons, Flanders then Rosa to fill two of those positions. Think Day is almost cooked tbh so we have to play Wright , if the guy catches it around 50 he is a chance

Rory survived.

Flanders

One of Flanders’ strengths is his ability to play as a damaging forward or explosive midfielder and he showed why that was the case on Thursday.
The 19-year-old exhibited his raw strength at stoppages on one occasion by bursting through a pack to earn the clearance after some clean work at ground level. He was also a fiend on the other side of the ball, harassing opposition defenders with his outstanding pressure. Flanders finished with a goal for his efforts and will be in the conversation once again at the selection table.

Looking forward to this weeks reserves report against Essendon . Some spots may be up for grabs as players are managed , and with Brodie playing for Essendon making it even stranger in these different times

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I had high hopes for Jezz McLennan. AA in Under 18s as a rebounding defender.
Pictured him taking over from Harbrow in years to come, but doesn't seem to have come on this year.
Coaches report continually says they're trying to get him to be more attacking off back..

I had those same high hopes, and still do...however he still hasn't had his 20th birthday yet. Some kids take a little longer than others.

I had those same high hopes, and still do...however he still hasn't had his 20th birthday yet. Some kids take a little longer than others.
True, you forget how young these kids are sometimes. It's also hard with no NEAFL to see where they are at.
Fingers crossed because he's such a good user of the ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back