2nds Gold Coast Reserves: Title Defense 2024

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Doesn't change that Nicholls isn't a KPD. That's not his game at all.

Murdoch is 191 and Henry was marking all over him which was more disappointing, honestly.

Henry is a good player. I'm surprised he's not playing 1s.
he looked completely overwhelmed in round 1
I'm sure will get more opportunities for Collingwood this year

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
Smith has been smashed tonight. Would be surprised if he plays next week based on tonights performance.
On the brightside Moyle (#65 for Pies) is only 19, could grab him in the mid season draft, looks to be about the same around the ground as Smith but much better in the ruck

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Fyfe shows a lot of promise, has a few things to iron out in terms of delivering consistently on those fronts but looks like he'll be a genuine Best 22 player at some stage within the next 3-4 years

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Fyfe shows a lot of promise, has a few things to iron out in terms of delivering consistently on those fronts but looks like he'll be a genuine Best 22 player at some stage within the next 3-4 years
His positioning is poor but that can be coached into him as he learns team structures etc, passes the eye test as a rebounding defender.

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
His positioning is poor but that can be coached into him as he learns team structures etc, passes the eye test as a rebounding defender.
Reminds me of Isaac Cumming when he first came into GWS, Cumming a little cleaner with the footy and marking overhead but certainly plenty to work with

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Good game. Find out a lot about some players.

Forward line non functional at this level with our injuries. Townsend coming back should help.

Some disappointing plays from some key senior players. Brodie ok. MacPherson ok. Atkins probably the only one close to a senior game.

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Reminds me of Isaac Cumming when he first came into GWS, Cumming a little cleaner with the footy and marking overhead but certainly plenty to work with
At 191cm once Fyfe fills out his frame he will be a nice 4th defender, does need to get cleaner hands overhead and make better decisions under pressure but there is a lot to work with. Good find so far

Goodguy72

Senior List
Apr 28, 2020
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Some of our academey kids are ******* rubbish, Sydney pump out Guldens and Heeneys and we have sh*t
A couple of them are kicking a lot of goals in other leagues ,Cody Stakenberg ex Lions academy got 20 in today's game for the pies ,there's a lot of Qld talent being burnt. Cody and Reeves made a lot of our listed players look ordinary today. Someone like Nicholls is not ready why didn't we give a 19 year old like Colenso etc a 1 year contract to make or break and then take Nicholls this year

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
While I'm here, do you guys see Austin Harris as a realistic chance of getting a spot on your list? There's obviously talent there but feels like he's similar to a lot of what you already have as both a defender and forward
I haven't seen it with Harris yet, don't think he has a clear position or a standout trait. He is quick but not explosive speed and is a nice ball user without being Luko like, not sure if he AFL quality

Back