2nds Gold Coast Reserves: Title Defense 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

GCFC lead Port Melb 10.7.67 to 4.5.29 at Half Time

Disposals: Sharp (15), Flanders (13), Constable (13), Blakely (12), Tsitas (12)
Goals: McLaughlin (3.1), Burgess (1.1), Sharp (1.0), Moyle (1.0), Lake (1.0), Flanders (1.0), Faulkhead (1.0), Chol (1.0)
Hitouts: Moyle (18) & Burgess (5)

Just got back from watching the first half. Good standard on a sticky deck.

GC dominant through the middle forcing turnover after turnover and multiple tall options forward to terrorise the Borough.

Must be a couple of gun wingmen in the senior team keeping Sharp out! Absolutely everywhere.

PM looked to be tagging Flanders.

Mac Andrew is going to be such a gun if he can get his professionalism right. Almost looked above this level with his reading of play and sticky hands.

Watched Hollands closely. Cannot fault his buy in or workrate (pushes deep in defence to help out) he just doesn't seem to cover the ground as easily as someone like Sharp. To me would seem to be a better bet as an explosive HFF.

Anyone know what the go with Ferres is?? Wouldn’t get a kick in a karate dojo…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Just got back from watching the first half. Good standard on a sticky deck.

GC dominant through the middle forcing turnover after turnover and multiple tall options forward to terrorise the Borough.

Must be a couple of gun wingmen in the senior team keeping Sharp out! Absolutely everywhere.

PM looked to be tagging Flanders.

Mac Andrew is going to be such a gun if he can get his professionalism right. Almost looked above this level with his reading of play and sticky hands.

Watched Hollands closely. Cannot fault his buy in or workrate (pushes deep in defence to help out) he just doesn't seem to cover the ground as easily as someone like Sharp. To me would seem to be a better bet as an explosive HFF.
Sharp unlikely to be here next year so he's playing to impress other Clubs
He probably wants back to WA.
If so he'll have to hope Freo wants him:p

Been watching Hollands closely as well after the last few weeks and agree. He looks to be working hard across the ground trying to get himself involved. It is just painfully clear that he is working hard without reward and that he just doesn’t have the running patterns so can’t get himself into the right positions often enough for a winger like Sharp or even Oea does and is getting overlooked.

Been watching Hollands too
Definitely working hard and doing some nice things
I think a month ago when it all looked to be falling apart for us again guys like Flanders Holland Sharp would have been letting their managers know they were happy to ramp up oppo clubs interest
It's easy to feel hard done by if you're being overlooked for a losing team
Once the vibe changes to positive those players start realising they have different environment to operate in
As Brayden Fiorini was wise enough to say
The grass isn't always greener

GCFC defeat Port Melb 17.13.115 to 7.9.51

Disposals: Flanders (31), Constable (28), Tsitas (27), Sharp (26), Blakely (21)
Goals: Chol (4.0), McLaughlin (3.1), Sexton (2.3), Day (2.2), Burgess (1.1), Flanders (1.1), Lake (1.1), Moyle (1.0), Sharp (1.0), Faulkhead (1.0)
Hitouts: Moyle (32) & Burgess (15)

Midfield looked a bit sloppy early, but definitely flexed after the second quarter. Our backline and forward line were also just far too good in the air.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been really impressed with Oea's progress, his field kicking is noticeably better than the start of the season and he is seeing the right pass. Could be worth another go later in the season depending on how we go

Our ladder leading VFL boys are absolutely killing the Bullants right now. Up 42-1 and it's not even quarter time. We've kicked 7 goals straight and Flanders already has 10 touches.

Seems like it's going to be a good day for the 2s!

Good to see Hollands getting more involved this week too.

Team is absolutely demolishing, so the stats won’t mean much though.

Shame I won’t get to watch second half. Terrible scheduling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back