2nds Gold Coast Reserves: Title Defense 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

8 goals straight second quarter so far!
Has a suns side ever done this?

Jeffrey so silky.
Atkins got AFL level skills - just needs to put his body on the line and give 100% at every contest.
Bowes obviously needed the run
Constable been pretty good
Moyle doing very well

Werribee lead 23 to 19 at the first break

Jeffery x2 and Constable the goalkickers
From 4 points down to 37 points up at the big break. 67 to 30

Day and Jeffery both have 3, Sexton has 2, Atkins, Burgess & Constable all have single snags.

From 4 points down to 37 points up at the big break. 67 to 30

Day and Jeffery both have 3, Sexton has 2, Atkins, Burgess & Constable all have single snags.
We've bottled the lead something fierce and only lead by 2 as we turn for home

Will Bella the only goalkicker in the 3rd.

jordan.jpg

Sam Flanders kicks 2 in the Last

Jack Bowes takes a game-saving mark on the goaline on the siren

After being 37 points up at the half, We get home by 2 points

[Edit]Sorry tell a lie, Game-winning goal was credited to Bowes despite commentary saying it was Flanders

Last edited:
How did our man Bowesy go? AFL.com.au says he had 1 goal, 8 disposals, 2 tackles and 2 marks.

Up to 7th on the VFL ladder now.

How did our man Bowesy go? AFL.com.au says he had 1 goal, 8 disposals, 2 tackles and 2 marks.

Up to 7th on the VFL ladder now.
Don’t think he did much. Wouldn’t be rushing him in yet and would give him one more game at least.

There are some players I’d consider, but not sure overall. Think we need a few players injected though.

Bowes at least a month away by what I saw today. A couple of moments, but no game touch at all.
Would I be right in saying Hollands played well? Could be in line for an AFL debut against the Swans next week?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would I be right in saying Hollands played well? Could be in line for an AFL debut against the Swans next week?
I thought he was down compared to weeks gone by, but still contributed well. If he's not getting picked on last games efforts, hard to see him getting picked this week.

A meme Facebook group which came down for the suns game at the mcg yesterday are trying to make. A cheer squad for the VFL game against Williamstown.

Huge if they can pull it off

I was at the game yesterday and here's my $0.02:
Moyle was impressive, won a lot of clearances, very good below his knees, and got involved as a linking player through the middle of the ground. Shouldn't look out of place in the seniors if he had to fill in for Witts.

Hollands was good, it appeared Werribee were paying some attention to him around the stoppages, as he wasn't afforded much time or space to get away clean possession. Very vocal and the natural leader of the midfielders.

Flanders got involved around the ground, and hit the scoreboard, but his actual midfield work was very underwhelming. Played flaccid at the centre bounces, when I assumed his strength was that he was a powerful stoppage player. Maybe he had an off day. Not sure how big he is, but he almost looked smaller than Tsitas and the Werribee midfielders.

Andrew was alright, but it was a hard day to go for your marks. Got more involved as the game wore on, and had a busy last quarter when the game was on the line.

McLennan was busy rebounding out of the back line, his kicks were tidy, and decision making was usually good. The Werribee small forwards seemed to get space on their defenders most of the day but I can't say how often McLennan was directly responsible.

Burgess had an almost day, should've clunked another 5 marks he only just dropped in the wet, and provided good leads and brought the ball to ground when needed in a pack.

Jeffrey played well and was never too bothered by his opponent. Could easily see him dominating sooner or later and forcing his way into the seniors.

Day, Atkins, Thompson, Tsitas and Constable did what is expected of them and will be pushing for a call up. Graham is a good defender at this level so can see why he plays in the seniors sometimes.

Rookies Nicholls and Oea are very quick and did some nice things, but also found themselves out of position on a few occasions. Murtagh looked lost. Bowes had limited minutes and should be better for having the run.

I was at the game yesterday and here's my $0.02:
Moyle was impressive, won a lot of clearances, very good below his knees, and got involved as a linking player through the middle of the ground. Shouldn't look out of place in the seniors if he had to fill in for Witts.

Hollands was good, it appeared Werribee were paying some attention to him around the stoppages, as he wasn't afforded much time or space to get away clean possession. Very vocal and the natural leader of the midfielders.

Flanders got involved around the ground, and hit the scoreboard, but his actual midfield work was very underwhelming. Played flaccid at the centre bounces, when I assumed his strength was that he was a powerful stoppage player. Maybe he had an off day. Not sure how big he is, but he almost looked smaller than Tsitas and the Werribee midfielders.

Andrew was alright, but it was a hard day to go for your marks. Got more involved as the game wore on, and had a busy last quarter when the game was on the line.

McLennan was busy rebounding out of the back line, his kicks were tidy, and decision making was usually good. The Werribee small forwards seemed to get space on their defenders most of the day but I can't say how often McLennan was directly responsible.

Burgess had an almost day, should've clunked another 5 marks he only just dropped in the wet, and provided good leads and brought the ball to ground when needed in a pack.

Jeffrey played well and was never too bothered by his opponent. Could easily see him dominating sooner or later and forcing his way into the seniors.

Day, Atkins, Thompson, Tsitas and Constable did what is expected of them and will be pushing for a call up. Graham is a good defender at this level so can see why he plays in the seniors sometimes.

Rookies Nicholls and Oea are very quick and did some nice things, but also found themselves out of position on a few occasions. Murtagh looked lost. Bowes had limited minutes and should be better for having the run.
Great write up

Why are our reserves game times always overlapping or competing with our main team? I want to watch both…

Why are our reserves game times always overlapping or competing with our main team? I want to watch both…
It is so frustrating especially next weekend with both games in Victoria- one is at Ballarat the other is in Footscray around the same time!

I thought they were aligning the two fixtures?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back